just throwing it out there..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Twan013, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

with all the fussing and fighting over what the iPod touch is or isn't going to have, has anyone thought of the possibility of a cheap data plan? I may be going too far into "iPhone" territory with this one, but here goes... what about a pre-paid AT&T data plan? either pay by the KB or by the month.. I would like this because I can't change/upgrade my contract with AT&T (i'm not the main person), and we're on dial up at the house, so I can't get wi-fi... the only other places I can get on wi-fi is my brother's house (which I really only go to once a week during football season), and the church (the building that has wi-fi is only open on wednesdays)..

Also, since Apple already had iTunes and app store gift cards, why not sell data cards alongside them? it just makes sense to me..

Along with the iPod touch having a data plan, why not have the nano with one as well, ..... no nevermind, I was going to say you could put iTunes on the nano, but how would you be able to search for songs without a keyboard... unless apple uses the same method like old school video games when you beat a high score (scroll until you get to the letter you want, click, scroll to the next letter, click, scroll, click, scroll, click......) hmm.... its possible..
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Kinda far-fetched, and I doubt it will ever happen.
  3. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    AT&T can't even handle the data from the iPhones on their network now, so I don't think they would be able to handle a bunch of iPod Touches.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Better alternative: Buy Mifi from verizon, not that im a verizon supporter, i have an iPhone, but if anyone wanted data that badly without a contract...

Plus having to modify so much on the ipods, to receive gsm signal, would be too much of a stretch. Once you can connect to the network like this it wouldnt be safe for att with tethering, voip, etc.

Although it would be nice its just simply not practical.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    ˙sǝuoɥdı ǝɥʇ ɟo sǝlɐs ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ɥɔnɯ oʇ ǝʞɐʇ plnoʍ ʇı ˙spodı ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ uɐld ɐʇɐp ɐ llǝs ɹǝʌǝu plnoʍ ʎǝɥʇ
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Everyone would just use voip on it too....
  7. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ǝuoɥdı ǝɥʇ ƃuıʎnq doʇs ʎlqɐqoɹd plnoʍ ǝldoǝd ɥɐǝʎ
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    And truphone will be laughing all the way to the bank, if that happens!