Just though I would share this...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iBenji, Sep 24, 2010.

1. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I had an iPod touch 2g 8GB. The headphone jack was defected so I made a genius bar appointment today. I got there and waited until it was my turn, I told the "genius" about my problem. He looked in the headphone jack, said it needed cleaned. He then cleaned it. He tried my pair of headphones, the problem wasn't fixed. He tried a diffrent pair: same issue. He then listened, said it needed more than just cleaned. He then checked my warrenty and got me a refurbished 2g 8GB model. So for anyone wondering if you can bring a broken 8GB model in and get a 8GB 4g iPod touch, you woulld have to be one lucky perosn for that to happen. So yeah...
  2. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    um.. of course you weren't going to get a 4G lol
    the genius people aren't the brightest people out there, but they sure as hell aren't stupid. they would be VERY sorry to accidentally or even purposefully give you a 4G. i do believe their job would have been taken from right under them.
  3. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I wasn't expected a 4G, some people were saying on a thread about taking a 3G or 2G model in that is broken and exchanging it for a 4G model. That would be very stupid of Apple. Many people would start coming in with thier "broken" ipods wanting to trade
  4. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    oh ok.
    ya well it was never possible. never will be possible. if you really want it, save up or sell your old ipod or get a job.

took me a while to save up.
  5. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Of course not. Apple knows there are people who abuse the system.
  6. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm saving for the 32GB model and giving this iPod to my little sister
  7. amazinggracetx

amazinggracetx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I've had people IRL telling me that Benji would probably be getting a 4G replacement for his broken one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I made sure that he didn't even even entertain that notion going in tonight. In fact, the apple tech wasn't even going to echange at all. he just told Benji to clean the jack out with a Qtip. He ended up cleaning it himself. I tried it out with my earbuds and it still wasn't working. It seemed like there was a short or a loose connection. So, now, his sister will be getting an almost new(refurbished?) iPod when he gets his 4G.
  8. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Apple stores won't give you a 4G in replacement for a 2G, but there are other crazy ass retailers that will do it [emphasis intended.].
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Makes you wonder if he screwed up his headphone Jack himself.
  10. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It was messed up long before the 4th gen came out, I didnt even know I had warranty until just a few week ago.
    I love my iPod and would never do that