Just some curious and frightening thoughts you should read

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by DemonHunter, May 19, 2008.

?

who agrees with the below thought?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2008.
  1. i completely follow you dude

34 vote(s)
    20.1%
  2. man you're crazy apple can never do something like that!

80 vote(s)
    47.3%
  3. ah, i dont know

55 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. DemonHunter

DemonHunter New Member

hey peeps, here's an interestingly creepy idea! Apple has been puttingnout all of these "beta" versions of the 2.0 firmware which seems innocent enough but I can't help but wonder; Why? If apple so hates the jailbreaking community (which they do; if you've seen the threads on going to an apple store with a hacked iPod, you'd know) wouldn't they make one final version of the firm instead of launching all of those "betas" to maybe teach all of those jailbreakers about the new firmware?

Here my thoughts go in two directions:

1, maybe apple is trying to figure out how we hack the firmware to make the final version "hack proof" (not likely to happen) or is it a little more sinister plot to...

2, develop a system of tracking the serial numbers of the iPods/iPhones and detect peculiar activity and maybe make the firmware "unpwnable" so that when you try to pwn your iPod gives a signal so that apple can either know what you're doing or (even better) deactivate your iPod so that you can only get it to work again at an apple store or something.

Now I can assure you that these thoughts have absolutely no concrete basis on fact. They are just thoughts.

Now I bet that most of you are probably going "what?! That's proposterous! How could you even think that! There's no way apple could achieve that!" well think about this; remember when the official iPhone-dev team website went down on March 28? How it said that they sold their IP to someone else? Most people believed this to be one big aprilfools day joke, especially when it came back up a few days later. Well what if, by a crazy stretch of the imagination apple was the company who bought the IP and made the dev team sign a contract to work for them. So if the whole proccess is monitored by apple, they would know just about everything about jailbreak and pwnage from the first post to the last! Hell they'd have enough info to make an un-jailbreakable/pwnable firmware and more!

Impossible? I think not! We know that apple has very vast resources!

And if you're still sitting there saying so what? They can't spy on my iPod! That's illegal!

Well let me tell you; if apple wants to, they can whip up a fancy 20 page long "terms of agreement" that you need to agree to before you can install the firm and in that mess they can write in one or two sentences about monitoring your iPod. I bet you all know that no one reads those agreements.

Also the way of spying is not that difficult! Have you ever seen a window pop-up in iTunes when you connect your ipod saying "your iPod contains valuble diagnostic information, would you like to send it to apple?" now all apple has to do is make it accept automatically and "BAM" your iPod is disabled.

Bottom line is, we think that we know the worst but apparently we have no clue

"APPLE HAS UNLIMITED RESOURCES"

I myself will be very careful when I get my firmware update
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you have a very creative imagination
    1 person likes this.
  3. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    While I didn't read through your entire rant, I do think that you are on the right track as far as them potentially wanting to fix iPod jailbreaking methods. However, I don't think they'd go so far as tracking you or making a big deal out of it. Remember when people first hacked the iPhone to use without AT&T? There wasn't a huge fuss on there part IIRC.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I bet you worry about this way more than Apple does!
  5. DemonHunter

DemonHunter New Member

no, i bet that apple will keep it quiet, silently sabotaging any attempt to beat their system

i think its very possible but we will have to wait and see
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Stay off the pipe man!
  7. pweismann

pweismann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seriously.

If apple does do anything, they can expect piss on thier doors
  8. plokiju

plokiju New Member

you are really parinoid. Apple already knows how pwnage and all other jailbreaking methods work. They fix a the hole that allows for jailbreaking as each new firmware cones out, its just that they can never fix every fault so there will always be a way to jailbreak.
  9. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its a conspiracy!!!

no but seriously find some help

jk
  10. l ajax0539 l

l ajax0539 l New Member

i so agree with you and i think they will try to take out installer so that everyone uses the appstore