Just received and jailbroken my 3G iPod Touch 3.1.2...problems though...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DM616, Dec 25, 2009.

1. DM616

DM616 New Member

Did it through blackra1n.

Now here are my problems/questions:

Is it true I cannot power off my iTouch because it goes into recovery mode so therefore everytime I power it off then on, I have to re-run blackra1n? If this is not true, how do I fix this? I always turn it off and then it shows the iTunes logo with the usb cord, and I re-run blackra1n then it goes away, I can't acess anything without doing above said.

Cydia won't load for me anymore. It use to, but now it doesn't. I tried re-installing it via blackra1n app but nothing. I can get installus to work half the time but not cydia. It just times out. Safari runs and loads pretty instantly too, so I can't see why it times out and gives a network error.

What is the easiest way to install apps/games? I've been struggling for the past hour. <REMOVED>

If this is the wrong board, please move it, thank you.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    We allow discussions about the jailbreak but NOT discussions about those type of files!
  3. DM616

DM616 New Member

Ah I am terribly sorry, I'm a noob with the iTouch so I really don't know what is what, the difference between .app and .ipa <_<. let me edit my post, I figured it out anyways <_< I'm just trying to figure out how to get cydia working and the recovery thing too.

Also, can I restore my iPod without removing the games and apps I added? I hate this recovery thing where I have to re-use blackra1n..
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't worry about it... we just try to keep things legal thru the Christmas Day rush here.

The restore mode will keep showing up when you shut it off each time until you re-jailbreak or you decide to actually restore. Then you can shut it off again normally without having to enter restore mode.
  5. DM616

DM616 New Member

But is it just some bug I have or is it because it's 3rd gen and that's how it will be forever if I keep it jailbroken? Though if I restore, all my apps are erased right?
  6. IndianaBond

IndianaBond New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's the 3.1.2 software that's on your 3G ipod. You will always need blackra1n any time you power up your ipod. It's called "tethered" or "tethering" jailbrake. It's really no big deal to do this. I do this when I have to reboot or power down and power up the ipod. I think someone is trying to come up with a blackra1n software that is not "tethered" supported.

If you restore your ipod through itunes, "just by clicking the restore button in itunes", then your ipod touch will be just like new. Just like when you first bought it.

David
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have a tethered jailbreak right now. An untethered jailbreak will come out soon just be patient.