Just purchased a 2G iPod Touch - some questions to ask?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by junyii02, Feb 3, 2009.

1. junyii02

junyii02 New Member

Hello all. I just purchased (splurged, eeek) on a 32GB iPod Touch 2g.

I did a good amount of research on the device before purchasing, but I'm still left with some questions. (still trying to sink in the amount of money I just spent..ha)

In the many areas that Wi-Fi is available - how many of these are actually available to the public? Do public places usually protect their Wi-Fi connections ? (security key/password) Is it legal to use someone else s connection if it's public..?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know that there are lists of these already available, but just out personal opinion - what applications do you guys like the best/think are the most useful?

I really hope that I won't regret this decision. I love my iPod video to death, but at the same time - I became more and more interested in the Touch. It seems like it would be a useful device, not just for entertainment purposes, but something that I could use for quite some time.

The only thing that I wish it had was Flash support (I'm sure many others agree). I don't know the chance of it being possible with the 2g version, if it ever came out later this year. (because the hardware would still be the same)

Lastly, I cannot decide on what case to purchase. I've narrowed it down to:

SwitchEasy Colors, Milk White: Around 18.00 shipped

& Marware Sportgrip White: Around 16-18.00 shipped

SwitchEasy's case, looks to me like it would be durable and worth the money. The only concern that I have with it is the 'jellybean button', and YouTube video reviews saying that it can be quite the lint catcher.

I don't really have any problems with Marware's case, but I feel like it doesn't look as nice as SwitchEasy's. I've ordered a silicone case from them before, and their silicone is pretty good quality/doesn't catch lint.

Here are the links to their sites:
    www.switcheasy.com

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Cases-for-Gen-2-touch/Sport-Grip-for-iPod-touch-2G

Any help (on any of these subjects) would be extremely appreciated! Thanks!
  2. pdorny07

pdorny07 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi there,

Just one point to make, Apple is actually working with Adobe to figure out a way to get flash on the ipod touch and iphone so look out for that in the future.
    I would choose the switcheasy case.

Wi-fi is actually really open in the public. Almost all hotels and all airports have it free. Many restaurants and coffee shops also have it free too.