Just need a little guidance for jailbreaking (simple question)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by shanrulez, Mar 16, 2008.

1. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

Hi, I got my Ipod Touch yesterday and put some music and a movie on it, and upgraded it to 1.1.14 before I found out about Jailbreaking.

I would like to jailbreak but wasn't sure if I could do it with my ITouch on 1.1.14 before I found out about Ziphone. Could someone just confirm that Ziphone will let me jailbreak my 1.1.14 ipod touch.

Also I don't understand this "fully restoring" my ipod touch when trying to find instructions on how to do it. If someone could just give me a quick breakdown of what to do, it would be much appreciated.

Finally, Do i need to install everything once its jailbroken myself or does the actual process of jailbreaking give me all the things like widgets, maps, stocks etc?

Thanks a lot,

Shan
  2. Ttall11

Ttall11 New Member

ziphone does work 100%
    to restore just plug your ipod into itunes and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button. The ipod will have the slide to power off, but ignore it until it restarts. keep holding the two buttons until the ipod shows the boot apple sign then just hold the home button
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1 person likes this.
  4. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

Thanks, I have searched around and am watching a Tutorial video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=80ztY4HUKIE

And am confused where it says "Plug in Ipod and press Shift and clock on restore." Then it wants me to "select the 1.1.4 Software Package and start restoring"

When I updated to 1.1.4 it wasnt like in the tutorial :/ Do i need to even press shift and restore it?
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Okay, here's what you do.

1. Plug in your iPod to iTunes. Make sure you're on 1.1.4. If you're not, scroll down.
    2. Go to http://downloadziphone.org/ and download ZiPhone.
    3. Once it finishes downloading, quit iTunes and other Apple processes (just to be sure), and open ZiPhone.
    4. Click the Jailbreak iTouch button.
    5. Wait. You're done!

Upgrading!
    1. Click Restore in the iTunes preference pane.
    2. Click Yes to everything.
    3. You're on 1.1.4!
  6. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

ahh okay thanks a lot, I just thought I had to wipe all my music and movies of my ipod before I jailbreaked it. Thanks