Just MY Opinion!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ebuzz7, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would like to say that I grow tired of all the so called "experts" that feel it is their place to tell people that their post it stupid or already be done numerous times. WHO CARES! If someone needs help either help them or go to the next thread. If all you are here to do it complain and whine then please go to another site. I hate when loser like you complain and ruin perfectly good sites. By the way if you read the thread headlines before you enter the thread then maybe you would know what it was about and then not have to waste your time writing about how so many other people have asked the same question and that people just need to search!
    Maybe they did maybe they didn't find what they were looking for or just wanted your help and thought maybe you would be nice enough to help them. Just my opinion thought!
    Maybe we should all relax and try to enjoy life a little more and bit@h a little less!

Love to all the non-haters!
    -ebuzz7
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

we do help, but we also have the duty to make sure ppl learn how the forums work

a million posts about the same stupid topic will no be tolerated, its just how it is

i try to help as much as possible, but some of the posts on this site are just stupidity taken to a whole new level, i think that SOME ppl on this site have no business here at all, seeing as they couldnt tell the difference between an ipod and a tv if some one shoved it up there ass,

that being said, welcome to our forums and im sure that the ppl with higher post counts are just as fed up as i am

welcome, good luck, cheers
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I try to answer as kindly and as helpfully as I can, but when I see a "I have halo on my iPod, why can't I play it" or "What's a jailbreak?" thread, I find it hard to do so.

While yes, I'll admit that sometimes I answer a bit more snapilly than I should, it is mostly because there are so many threads that ask questions that have already been answered, and these threads push down the threads of people with real questions.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Also...

People just want things handed to them... they dont even bother looking at other threads...
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

THANK YOU zombie killer

ppl should earn the right to be treated with respect here (u clearly have earned it) by contributing to threads/ actually figuring things out by searching
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It is not that we do not want to help. Lots of us do help. Quite a bit, as it turns out. But do you really think we enjoy answering precisely the same questions dozens of times when the answers are all right here already? Is it too much to ask the user to do a little research before they ask? That just seems a common courtesy as far as I'm concerned. People are far more likely to help those who first at least make the attempt to help themselves. If they don't find what they're looking for then that's cool -- at least they tried. Not everybody's Google-fu is strong. But most of the most common questions are already answered, many of them posted as stickies at the top of the forum -- right there in front of them as soon as they enter. Asking questions that are answered in these threads is tantamount to walking into a store with a giant neon sign right at the entrance that says "ALL IPODS 50% OFF" and waylaying a clerk to ask him if they have any specials on iPods. You look like a fool and you waste the clerk's time.

Furthermore, how frustrating do you imagine it is for a new user searching the forums for an answer and coming up with dozens upon dozens of the same threads and having to search each one until he or she finds an answer? This has the further detriment of making searching that much more frustrating and causing some new users not to want to bother -- which makes them ask the same damn questions again, exacerbating the very same problem that frustrated them in the first place.

It isn't that we don't want to help. It's that we have better things to do with our time than to type exactly the same thing over and over, especially when the answers are more than likely right there already, ripe for the reading.

It's not about hating, not even slightly, and it is presumptuous to even state such a thing. It's about discouraging impolite behaviour. And yes, it is impolite not to at least attempt to find an answer for yourself before potentially wasting time asking it.
  7. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

Aww little baby got yelled at on the forums and is crying, how cute.

jk.

I agree with the previous posters.
  8. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

minefield has earned his respect too lol by summing up my thoughts exactly in a less asshole-ish (its been a long day) way
  9. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

I consider myself pretty handy on the forums.

Somedays I'm more than happy to help and retype stuff that's already been posted for hours. (I think I've redirected at least 100 noobs to the touchdev 1.1.2 jailbreak method).

Somedays I just would rather be finding stuff out for myself and have no time for lazy people.
  10. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

OMG marky!!! i didnt relize it was u! (new avatar, jackass)

i find it funny that most of my favorite users are in this thread, minus skylar

and im also done NOT contributing to this thread =P