Just jailbroke my new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aakhmwl, Aug 5, 2009.

1. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    whats some really useful stuff you guys would suggest i add to it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

like for speed, battery life, to get rid of the at&t text next to my signal bars, etc.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also, how the heck do i change the iphone volume with the volume buttons on the left side? it changes the ringer volume for me but id like to be able to change system volume instead. my ringer is usually either just on or off. not at different volumes
  2. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can't really do much for speed because that's predetermined with the memory already inside. And by jailbreaking, you've slowed down the speed just a tad bit. Get Winterboard and SBsettings from Cydia. Winterboard let's you customize how your iPhone will look just about every way possible, almost. And SBsettings will let you kill processes instantly or turn off 3G/Wifi/Bluetooth or even turn down brightness. SBsettings has really helped me conserve battery.
  3. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yep. i used those two on my ipod touch. they were the first things i installed. theyre a must for me
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First, Add all of the sources you possibly can. Then, Download "MakeItMine" in Cydia. Once you open it up, Its pretty much common sense on how it works. (ModMyi Repository)

When you press the "Volume Buttons" on the side, They will change the Ringer Volume. The buttons will only control your iPod when you are listening to music. When your not, It changes the Ringer.
  5. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    >.O thats dumb. i have im notifications that scream at me like crazy that i like loud when im at the store but quiet at home. so no way to disable to the ringer control?
  6. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some helpful tools I use are SBSettings, though as you've said, you already use it, mxTube*, YouTube video downloader, and Categories, which allows you to put your SpringBoard apps in folders.

* - mxTube, a free app, was upgraded to YourTube, which plugs right in to the native YouTube app, and is probably a lot more user friendly than its predecessor, but also costs $2 on the Cydia Store. Personally, mxTube works fine for me.
  7. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    installed mxtube and such. installed them before. i like them alot although yourtube would be VERY useful. thanks for mentioning that

as for the AT7T thing, i installed makeitmine, but it doesnt really get rid of the AT&T text, it just replaces it with some other text. is there a way to remove it completely so its blank? i tried putting a blank space but the spacing just isnt right
  8. Fire-Coon

Fire-Coon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    theres an option in winterboard to do it, maybe in extended preferences.