Just jailbroke it

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by alchemy riot, Apr 26, 2009.

1. alchemy riot

alchemy riot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi, new here.

Ok, I've gotten my Touch jailbroken. Cydia is now installed on my menu, now how do I install apps onto my iPod. It seems I can't just go to cydia.com through my PC and download through there. My Touch needs to be on a WiFi connection. Is there a way around this?
  2. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no but if u have a wifi card in your PC you can enable internet sharing
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You could use Cyder, it's a PC program that installs for you. I have no used it so cannot vouch for it. You may want to wait for Chris Strouds AppManager program that is coming soon.
  4. alchemy riot

alchemy riot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't think I can do that. I wish I could just have it plugged in and to connect through the USB to the sharing network vice Wifi. I mean, I have wifi capabilities, maybe I just need further explanation.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Then why don;'t you connect your ipod to your wifi?

And if you really need to do it through usb use The iNetCable Project
  6. alchemy riot

alchemy riot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Because I don't have a wifi connection right now. I see wifi connections, but all are passworded/secured. I'm on a landline cable connection right now, but maybe there is a way to enable wifi from my laptop? I don't know.

That inet cable project doesn't work for me. I get to this step: - Then click on "proxy_tunnel.cmd". Type in your SSH password (Default: alpine).
    It may also ask you a question, just press "y" and then enter and it will countinue.
    (Same as above, don't close the window!)

but then it never asks me for a question or anything.

here's what the CMD prompt says:

7. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That could be due to not having SSH on your iPod.. Find a local hotspot (or an unsecured network) and download SBSettings from Cydia, enable SSH and try iNetCable project again..
  8. alchemy riot

alchemy riot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    alright, i was able to get to a wifi connection for a shortwhile. now its put me stuck on a later step..

the password and everything checks out..

this is where i get lost:

On the iPod open Settings. Press Wi-Fi and turn it on. Find the network you want to use and click the little arrow to go to the Options.
    - Scroll down and under HTTP Proxy select Manual, type in 127.0.0.1 as the server and 808 as the port. Leave Authentication OFF:
    - Go back to Wi-Fi Netwoks, click on the network this time and if it is locked type in any letters.
    Note: If you get the following screen that means you did something wrong or the connection is weak so just click again or try to catch it better.

- If after you typed in the password it didn't care you are done! Just wait for the WiFi logo to appear and start browsing.
    Note: Even though you can lose the WiFi connection and it won't be used, you still must have WiFi (ON) throughout your session.

its still not connecting? i dont get it. there is no wifi network to connect to.. unless.. Other