Just jailbroke 2.0.1; buggy uninstall?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by chrisvandergaag, Aug 18, 2008.

1. chrisvandergaag

chrisvandergaag New Member

Hi all,

I just joined iPodtouchfans, glad to have found you guys.

I've jailbroken my Touch, installed a few apps (RiP dev prefs, Kate, Winterboard, Customize, a couple of others) and for the most part, everything is working perfectly.

However in some instances I can't uninstall apps I've already installed using either Cydia or Installer. I go through the uninstall procedure and and traces of the program or the entire program still remain. For example, I hacked my carrier graphic in the status bar using Customize. I deleted Customize and now I can't edit the graphic. Also, I can't re-install the app because the touch thinks it's still there- the install button is no longer there. Ditto for a program called Rename.

Also, when my Kate 3-day trial expires will I be able to renew?

Help would be much appreciated! Take care,

Chris
  2. diogovans

diogovans New Member

Same thing just happened to me.. tried to uninstall monkey ball and vector pong that i got from installer and they don't disapear from the main menu
  3. chrisvandergaag

chrisvandergaag New Member

ok well, i've re-installed the firmware, that was a slow but effective fix. anyway, THANK YOU to the forum for saving me the headache of installing apple FW 2.0.2 and finding out that it hosed my hacks...

anyway right now i'm experimenting with ONLY using Cydia and seeing how much I can accomplish. Installer app crashed a lot yesterday. Also, with overlapping theming tools, i lost track of what was causing what and I'd like to get the hang of Cydia. So i'm playing with Customize right now. any word on a freeboard release for 2.0.x?