Just installed BestSkinsEver.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchEC, Sep 30, 2010.

1. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I just installed my bestskinsever back protector. Came out pretty decent. The only hard part was the corners, they kept sticking up, so I waited a while, kept playing with them, and they seem to be staying down. No bubbles from what I can see, whatsoever...and I guess they are supposed to look better as days so by, so we'll see how it holds. Definitely not putting my case on for 24-48 hours, as I know the corners will peel off if I do so. One corner is still having problems, so for a little while I'll just keep holding it down.

Only thing I don't like, is I didnt get the smudges off the back good enough before installing so I feel like it looks a little cloudy, but as long as I have a skin over it, I'm happy!

Glad I put this on, when I was cleaning it beforehand, I already noticed light scratches on it, and I just got it last night and immediately put a case on!

I wish Apple would have offered these with a black backplate, or brushed metal of some sort...

Hoping the corners stay down!
  2. Ipaqman

Ipaqman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My BSE skin looked cloudy at first install but over a couple of days, it completely cleared up.
  3. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Really? Good, gives me hope. A teeny tiny section in the left and right corners are still popping up slightly. Any advice? I keep holding it down with my finger... and I work in an hour, so when I'm gone I won't be able to continue holding it down. It's only like a tiny peice that isn't staying down all the way. Looks good though, can hardly tell it's there. I thought it would have an orange peel look, but it doesn't. Great $6 buy. But there is a little tiny piece of lint that got under the protector and is sitting right above the apple logo... BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME.

Do you think putting the case on while I'm at work is a good idea? Maybe it'll keep the corners pushed down? It's silicone though, so it's a little stretchy, so maybe that wont do anything..
  4. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I got a shield (Stealth Guards) and will be putting it on my iPod, do you think it's better to only put on the back and not the front?
  5. Ipaqman

Ipaqman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dab a little water in the areas that are peeling. That makes the adhesive sticky again. Unfortunately, this will only work where water or Windex will reach the sticky stuff.

If it does not stay stuck after holding it for 30 minutes, it has dried out and needs wetting.

I ordered two backs because it sometimes takes a while to figure out how to really align the back. My first attempt is slightly off at the top end. The camera hole is off center on mine but it is still usable. The microphone hole is right on the edge of the skin. When I decide to put on a new back (after several months or more), I will know what to look for in alignment issues.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    You can put it on for a trial. If you don't like it, just remove it.

Personally, I like the matte finish Griffin screen protectors. I did get a BSE front but I am not sure I want to use it.
  6. streambeam

streambeam New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I put on my BSE or Invisible shield, I always had problems with the corners. So I put on the case and leave it for a few days, and that will solve the corner problems. The added pressure will make them stick.
  7. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wrapped saran wrap around the touch and it's keeping the corners down...I'm gonna keep it on until probably tomorrow so it really holds it down.

I noticed a bubble of air or water towards the middle side...do you think over time the bubble will work itself out? It doesn't look horrible, but I don't think I want a pocket of water (if that's what it is) stuck in there. Maybe blowdry it?

Micro_hard, I only put the back protector on, on the front I have an ebay cling protector. The back is actually more challenging than the front, so..

Thanks everyone who respond for your advice! Hope it comes out good.
  8. Pistoleroh

Pistoleroh New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am about to put my BSE on hopefully everything goes well.
  9. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^ Be patient. When you first lay the skin down, it's gonna be really slippery, so lay it down, let it sit for a few minutes, then hold it down while squeegeeing the water out. Once the flat part is bubble free and good, start with the corners, you might have to let it sit about 20 or so minutes until the corners will stick. One by one, press the corners down, you'll notice eventually they will stay down as time goes by. Once the corners seem like they are sticking, wrap saran wrap around them in a way that will keep them in contact with the backing. I didn't turn my iPod on for about a 24 hours after installing, just to be sure, although I've heard that people turn it on right after and it's fine. I actually kept mine in the saran wrap for 24 hours, to let it really set well. The next day, I took off the wrap, the corners WERE MINT. The corners actually came out the best. I have one minor bubble, and it's because I didn't squeegee good enough. You'll be fine though.
  10. Pistoleroh

Pistoleroh New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah I got the botton area perfectly but the front I had trouble with. First I I had messed up and it was kind of sticky. Then I took if off and when i tried putting it back on after wetting it. It would not stay still there for I could not take out any of the water. Should I just leave it alone and let it dry on its own? I couldn't not see any air bubbles or anything.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Meh never mind at first I thought it was a problem but now it is on and only a few bubbles that i guess will go away later. I will post some pics after 48 hours.