Just Got My Rebel Touch Today

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 02krayzie24, Apr 16, 2009.

1. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ..and i must say, it looks pretty sweet. i got the black one btw and i like how it matches my ipod touch 2g.install was not that difficult. when i put the rubber one first, i was messing around with the sleep/wake buttons and volume rockers to see if they are responsive seeing that i've seen a lot of videos saying that with this case, the sleep/wake buttons and volume rockers are unresponsive once the case is on. So i checked it first to see if it was responsive before i put on the hard shell.then i put the hard shell next and it was pretty easy until i got to the bottom (where most people have trouble). i saw this video on youtube and it helped a lot on putting on the bottom piece. basically you have to push down on the rubber part with one finger and with the other hand,with one finger, pull the plastic away (not too much) and lift and then once the plastic is a little higher than the rubber part, just snap it into place. when i did that, parts of the rubber was sticking out so i pulled the hard case off (just the last part) then tried it again and it snapped into place very well. The volume rockers do feel like im pressing it unlike how some people say (i guess its just how they installed it) and the sleep/wake button does feel like im pressing it also but not as much feel as the volume rockers were but it is still very responsive and i'm very happy with the case.

my rating for this case
    Look-10( i just like how black matches with the black front on the ipod touch)
    Feel-10(feels really good on the hand and slips easily on the pocket)
    Installation-8(just because of the last part of the installation)
    protection-9(it has that lift on the side so you can place it on the table face down and not have to worry about the screen scratching up and im sure its pretty proctective if it drops but im not 100% on that yet thats why i gave it a 9)
    Overall-9

and also, i have the invisible shield installed with it and it doesn't seem like the case is pushing up on the shield. (have to wait for a couple of days and see if anything happens)

Thx for taking your time to read this and hope you guys like my review
  2. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its not very protective honestly. You'll look at your case on day next week and see all the scratches on the back then think... "Wow look how much protection its given my iPod" Your wrong. The plastic is easier to scratch that the back of the ipod itself so it gives the illusion of scratch prevention.

But well done for getting the invisibleSHIELD
  3. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea i know that but it's meant to protect the ipod and not protect the case.and i have a few scratches on the back of my ipod already anyways. and i know the plastic part of the case scratches easily but its not that noticeable unless u actually look at it carefully
  4. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't feel safe with the case on lol. Thats why i bought the InvisibleSHIELD and the OtterBox defender recently.
  5. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh ok i see lol. how is the otter box. i've seen pics of it and it looks pretty nice
  6. techpunk64

techpunk64 New Member

congrats on your purchase-i 'm rocking a switcheasy rebel "devil" and invisable shield on my 3g iphone and i'm stoked on how it looks and protects it...... nice review also.
  7. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks
  8. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the Rebel Touch as well and I love it. Yeah installing it's a pain in the ass but once you have it on its nice.
  9. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it really that hard to fit?

I've just bought one.

I was under the impression it's just like a normal silicone case, then you just snap the hard back on?

Am I wrong?
  10. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They're both in the post so i'll post back when i get them.