Just got my new Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dougb756, Apr 20, 2009.

1. dougb756

dougb756 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey Guys
    I just got my new 1G Itouch 16gb today. what do i need to do to get it up to speed? Am planning on jailbreaking it tonight. what cool apps or programs do i need? Please help, am new at this. Thanks
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Welcome to the forum. Just to let you in on a little secret, its iPod touch not itouch. Look here for some great jailbreak apps with supporting threads.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    jail break???? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Apple will tick you in their little black book!

seriously though, great news on your purchase, i know you'll have great fun. i know so many peeps who've um'd and ah'd over buying one and when they finally get one they wondered how they ever lived without it.

i personally prefer an un JB machine because i cant be assed with the hassle and the faffing about. Also, i'm not young enough to appreciate the 'spanner-like' status of it all

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    For starters, people here don't like when you say iTouch for some reason. But I don't really mind and it's up to you.

Anyway, you're going to want to check your devices software version, either in iTunes or in Settings > General > About on your iPod. Update it to 2.2.1 if it is not (if you are on 1.1.x it will cost $10) and then download QuickPwn. Follow the steps, and you'll be done in 10 minutes. Nothing to it!
  5. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT ITOUCH.

don't worry about people like that.
    Welcome to the forums

6. Germany

Germany Banned

Welcome to the forum. There is an abundance of apps. I recommend searching through the highest rated or most popular apps to find the good ones. Jailbreaking is a must. There are countless threads that can help you do that. Nice to have you join the forum!
  7. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Welcome to the forum man.

If you want to jail break it go ahead its rather easy. Ive done it to my ipod touch just dont see any reason why I should keep it jail break so mine isnt.
  8. Dallas Silvertush

Dallas Silvertush New Member

• Immature or obscene comments
    hahaha get used to it people on here are DICKS and i would recommend mewseek pro, if your a mac person the ileopard theme, and as for programs and apps there are hundreds to choose from so just go on youtube and search for stuff you want or google or something. knowledge is power!
  9. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hey mate, welcome to the forums... And from my own experience, if you don't want to jailbreak your touch and still wish to get great games, here are eight that are on my touch (and all are favorites in their own unique way!):

- Bejeweled 2
    - UNO
    - Scrabble (just purchased for US$9.99!

)
    - Crash Nitro Kart 3D
    - Fastlane
    - Word Warp
    - Labyrinth
    - TicTacToe

Hope you'll have many hours of fun with your new iPod... I certainly am!