just got my itouch..am i missing something here?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by redraider, Nov 22, 2007.

1. redraider

redraider New Member

Was it just me or did none of them come with an instruction booklet that tells what all the buttons do? I dont even know if my ipod is charging. I have wireless at my house that our computers are connected too and the ipod will connect but everytime i try to go online it says 'safari can't open the page because it can't find the server.' It shows a full connection on the little bars on the top left. As for the battery, I'll unplug it from my computer and it will be full green than just a minute later its all white. It has been plugged in for about 12-14hrs now. Any advice or help?
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

go to "settings / wifi" and see which connection you're on.

You might be on your neighbors...

also people have been complaining about a wifi problem when jailbreaking and say a full restore helped.

Maybe it's not a jailbreak problem after all! Try restoring / upgrading to the newest firmware, and if it still doesnt work I'd say call apple and complain!

P.S. yeah the instructions kind of blew eh?
  3. redraider

redraider New Member

Thaks for the quick response.

It says i am connected to our own wifi that all our computers are connected to. It shows the network and has a check to the left, with a locked lock to the right. Next to that is the radar thing showing full stregth, then a blue arrow. Is that how its suppose to be?
  4. redraider

redraider New Member

PS its not jailbreaked or anything, I JUST got it last night, synced my music and have done nothing else to it. I would assume it has the newest firmware?
  5. markymarkdotcom

a blue arrow?

I've never heard of that before.

And even though its brand new, still try a restore just to be sure its not a software issue
  6. redraider

redraider New Member

Its a blue arrow pointing to the right. I think its the 'more info' button. When i click it it shows ip adress and stuff. I just checked for a software update and it says I'm up to date 1.1.2. anything else I can do?
  7. markymarkdotcom

Just try a software restore for the heck of it. It`ll restore you to 1.1.2 so no big loss
  8. redraider

redraider New Member

How do i do that? I already went on itunes and checked for an update on the software. It said I had the latest version.
  9. markymarkdotcom

Click on your ipod icon on the left menu. There should be a "Restore" button underneath the "update" button on the iPod homescreen. click that and then let it restore
  10. redraider

redraider New Member

Ok..did some troubleshooting. I went across the street and connected to my neighbors wireless fine. Got on google...facebook and everything. I come back to my house and bring up google, and I can search for things but I cant bring up a web page. Youtube won't connect either. Is it just my internet or something? It connected to a neighbors perfectly so that tells me its probably not the ipod itself.