Just Got My Hackintosh Running :)

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by SpeedyApocalypse, Jul 15, 2010.

1. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I bunked down and bought a Dell Mini 10v (best Hackintosh laptop, the last one in my province as they are discontinued). I instantly hackintoshed it on original 10.6. I then tried to install XCode but it needed 10.6.2 so I upgraded. Then, of course, I cannot boot (damn hackintosh upgrades!). So, I went and re-formatted and installed 10.6.3 from an install disk. Anyhoo, I'm typing on it right now and I love it. It is an amazing pocket book size. As it was the last one, it was a display model Mini 10v, and I had multiple gift certificates, so I picked up a solid OSX machine for 199$.

Anyone else have a hackintosh? One thing I notice is heat however. Does anyone have a fan control utility that works? I tried SMC Fan Control and it didn't work. Nor did iStatMenus.

EDIT: Also, having NO driver issues. Webcam, volume, touchpad, all of the drivers work fantastically. I love it.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The 10v is the top for hackintoshes like you said. I like to think of myself as pretty good with them as out of my three machines, 2 of them are running AMD Chips/graphics, of course the AMD machines arn't without a little bit of flaw. Getting everything set up was a pain, especially the laptop since there is no official anything for it basically. I have a couple pages in a notebook filled out with multiple drivers/kexts/kernel variations to get it working.
  3. nathanmarck

nathanmarck New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm running hackintosh too. Only problems i had where the back USB sockets dont function on OSX so i use the front. Everything else works flawlessly.
  4. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have a Hackintosh dell clone desktop. Everything works except the video board is not running very well and no sound.
  5. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i wanna buy a little laptop and attempt hackintosh.
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I really want a laptop that works better. I have no wifi, and no drivers for my video card.

Please Register or Log in to view images