Just got Ipod Touch(problems already)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rosspetrie, Nov 28, 2007.

1. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

Hey, just got my ipod touch today, seems great by the way.
    However, when i connect it to my pc(xp home with sp2) itunes finds the ipod fine.
    Then when i go to sync it, or manually add music im lucky if i get 10 or so songs onto it and it comes up with "The ipod cannot be synced, the disc could not be read from or written to".
    Does the same with photos and anything else.
    Is itunes the only way to transfer files, i hate it with a passion.
    Please help, just got this today and have spent hours trying to get stuff onto it.
    cheers
    Ross Petrie
  2. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    you dont have to be forced to sync songs and videos into the ipod like the iphone. you can just drag and drop the songs/videos into it. try dragging and dropping instead
  3. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

yeah i know that, tried dragging and dropping too, still does the same thing.
    i really need help on this.
    regards
    ross
  4. fletcher1313

fletcher1313 New Member

as if you just sed that hahahaa
    he already said he tried to manualy put them on

probably wont work but try updating itunes or your ipod
  5. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    if updating both itunes and the touch doesn't help, then it might actually be a hardware problem, in which case you could probably get a replacement from an apple store.

This is, of course, just speculation, but if nothing else, hopefully the personnel at the store will be able to guide you to a solution.
  6. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

I have a similar situation. I have had my touch for about a month now. Everything working great. then a few days ago, on my work computer, I got the could not sync error. after a bunch of messing I finally got it to sync but after a few minutes it would just disappear from itunes. I would have to replug it in and then itunes would recogonize it again, but then would disappear again.

anyway.....long story short. I discovered the problem was the usb port. Somehow the usb port became corrupt when I would plug in my touch.

I then plugged it into a different usb port and everything worls fine now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe they just gave you one of the new 50MB touches

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

tried it on my laptop and it seemed to work fine.
    however the laptop is pretty old, doesnt have much stuff on it.
    so i will have to transfer all the music etc to that.
    this sucks big time.
    something new you kinda expect it to work.
    any other suggestions would be helpful, tried all the usb ports on the desktop and still the same thing.
    spent about 3 hours unplugging the ipod to re recognise it.
    cheers
    ross
  9. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's your USB port. I had the same problem with my iPod Video; if I tried to copy too many files at once to the iPod it would throw an error, so I had to limit my transfers to 100-200 songs at once. Things to try:

- If you are using a dock, remove it and plug it in directly using Apple's USB cable.
    - If you are using an unpowered hub, switch to a powered or plug it directly into your computer (no hub).
    - If you are using USB 1.1, buy a 2.0 card and use that.
    - If you are using a powered hub and there are a number of other things actively using that hub, try unplugging the devices that draw a lot of power and only plug in items that are low power (mouse, keyboard) or have power sources of their own.
    - Try syncing on another computer if possible.

If none of these work it may well be your iPod, in which case you can call AppleCare to arrange or an RMA, or call your local Apple Store to set up an appointment with a Mac Genius to have it replaced.
  10. carly30

carly30 New Member

I am having the same problem. I need help. I keep getting the message, ipod cannot be synced. The disk cannot be read from or written to. And it will say the ipod cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found. Any suggestions.