Just got a new case - Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Killa-X, May 30, 2009.

1. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I own a Ipod 1st gen...And I just bought a new case, and noticed it was for the 2nd gen. I have a question about this.

Is the ipod 2nd gen larger than the ipod 1st gen? People review this Belkin silicon case as a TIGHT fight and extreamly good. My 1st gen ipod, it tends to come off, the sides are very loose on the side screen. I mean seriously, is the 2nd gen thicker or something?

I plan to make do with it, as I'm selling my ipod with games and all for 150 dollars, then I'm going to buy a 2nd gen. You can jailbreak these things now cant you? Last I remember, you couldn't, but maybe you can now.
  2. jmartinez748

jmartinez748 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the 2nd gen is thinner but i might come off cause the 2nd gen has curved edges and yes you can jailbreak the second gen ipod touch
  3. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The 2nd gen should be thicker because people are saying these cases are loose for the ipod first gen, but the 2nd gen its a tight fit and wont come off easy.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The 2nd gen and the 1st are the same exact size, the curve just appears to make it thinner.
  5. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Must be designed for that curve then. Because its only the sides that aren't fitting correctly. When I look at the case, it's designed for the curves of the ipod 2nd gen. My ipod 1st gen has a faster curve, to flat. The case / 2nd gen, is a more gradual curve. I'm sure this is why. The case has been formed to fit the curves of a 2nd gen, not a first gen, as to why it not fitting. it's pulling the case down to fit the curves of my ipod causing the sides to not fit good.

Out of random...Isnt the 2nd gen supose to have a tracking system for maps? I saw on apples site "maps location based service" for the ipod 2nd gen. And saw some youtube video explaining how the map service based thing uses wifi hotspots by sky something.. and google for cell towers to locate you...Suposly the ipod 2nd gen has been given the ability to maps, weather, stocks, and email from the iphone...
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Both the 1st gen and 2nd gen have the iphone apps.
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why would you get a 2nd Gen case for a 1st Gen?
    almost all cases tell you if it's for a 2nd Gen iPod on the front.
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The 2nd-gen cases will certainly not fit ur 1G iPod touch... The 2G is more curvaceous unlike the rounded corners of the 1G... Might as well get a brand new one instead...
  9. Yea the 2G cases will definitely not fit your 1G because of the curve on the 2G volume buttons and everything. You probably should of checked that out before buying the case.
  10. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually I had a guy at bestbuy telling me about how much belkin tests their cases and he told me it would fit X_X idiot >_> (I showed him my ipod too)

Either way I plan to sell my ipod for 125-150 (since I got it for 150 around Jan. first, 09) and then buy either the 8 or 16gb ipod 2nd gen. So I'll make do with what I have until then.

but the main new things of a 2nd is speaker, volume buttons, and line-in? I note some apps like skype said iphone and ipod touch 2nd generation can support line-in for a mic.