iPhone 3GS Just got a new 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by merbiyatch, Jan 23, 2010.

1. merbiyatch

merbiyatch Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok guys needing your opinion on this. I just got myself a new iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 and unlocked it using itunes. (not jailbreaking method)

so im kinda debating should i or sbould
    i not jailbreak.

If i should, why? Vice versa. Thanks.
  2. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think new iphones are tethered, not sure.
  3. merbiyatch

merbiyatch Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well when i unlocked it, i just connected my iphone to itunes and itunes gave me an option to unlock. So i did since i travel alot. I also have a 3.1.2 cfw ready just incase.
  4. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, new iDevices are MC models, what means that if you will jailbreak them it will be tethered.
    I personally think that jailbreaking is much better than not jailbreaking, you can customize your iDevice much more. But if you travel alot the tethered jailbreak might be a problem, because if you run out of battery you have to jailbreak again, and when traveling you don't always have a computer.
  5. merbiyatch

merbiyatch Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    so its tethered even after jailbreaking nad unlocking using the blacksn0w that you manually put on cydia by adding source http://blackra1n.com ?

that sucks, ive had an idevice before but it always bugs me that my push is not working, i love the fact that you can multitask especially with the new apps such as multifl0w, and others like overboard to make the performance of your idevice work the way you want it to.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It depends when your iphone was made, if it is fairly old then it will be untethered.
  7. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    .. you unlocked it using itunes? you mean activated?
    unlock means u can use it with other carriers, which can only be done through blacksn0w via blackra1n.
    And i would highly recommend a jailbreak since the 3gs can handle themes and everything without lag. I have yet to experience lag on my 3gs, its so nice.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    No he means unlocked. Factory unlocked iPhones unlock in iTunes.
  9. dre@ms

dre@ms Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am also in the same situation. Should I should not JB. Since, JB for MC is tethered, I am bit reluctant to perform a JB. Hopefully a full JB should be avail very soon.
  10. Dominoes282

Dominoes282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well, I just got my iPhone 3GS in November and it is definitely not tethered. To answer your question though,I did have a jailbroken iPod touch, I jailbroke the iPhone and its 7 times better. So if you had an iPod before and thought that one was good you should definitely should try it out on the 3GS

Please Register or Log in to view images