Just Got a 16Gb Ipod Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Apollo3121, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Apollo3121

Apollo3121 New Member

Hello, i just bought a 16gig Ipod Touch and i don't know anything on jail breaking. So i need some help on what i should download and how to install to get the most out of my Ipod. I use a PC and my Touch is already on version 1.1.5

Please help me, and thanks for all who do.
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ideally you want to upgrade to 2.xx and jailbreak that, but if you dont want to pay for the update and you dont know where to get the firmware for free i think ziphone (as much as i hate it) supports 1.15 but the better method is iliberty+ but im not so sure about whether or not it works on 1.15
  3. PanicZone

PanicZone New Member

I recommend updating to 2.0 first as you get appstore which hosts practically everything that jailbreaking can do. Meh... I do admit jailbreaking does have some pretty cool features. But it does void your warranty. I was lucky to get a new one after breaking from jailbreaked. I just got a new one then ran out of the shop =D lawl.
  4. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Since you say you don't know anything about jailbreaking, I would also recommend updating to 2.0 (and then might as well update to 2.0.2), and using the app store. Unless there's something specific you need from jailbreaking, stick with the app store.
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if i were you (which i am not) i whould return the ipod back.... and wait till december...
  6. goblinvolunteer

goblinvolunteer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you're very new to this, read the forums for a few weeks and figure out what you want to do with it.
    Worked for me =]
  7. snotboy33

snotboy33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Welcome Aboard

Please Register or Log in to view images

you have joined the right forum to Get as much as possible (and more) out of your Ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

9. Apollo3121

Apollo3121 New Member

Okay, i jailbroke it and eveything, but i have run into a few problems, i use more then just my touch, and i keep getting errors when i try and sync my other ipods. its a error -43