Just got 2nd gen and still doesn't work with 64 bit vista

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chinchillion, Nov 1, 2008.

1. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

Hey, if you've read my posts int he past couple of weeks I had problems running my original 8gb touch with my new 64 bit vista laptop. I called apple and they did everything they could do, took it to best buy and they didn't know what else to do.

So I just decided to buy the new 2nd gen touch and it still DOESN'T CONNECT.
    So is there anything different that I can try or can i just not have an iphone and/or ipod touch in the future?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Try a direct USB connection to the PC, reinstall iTunes, or give up and get a Mac?

Please Register or Log in to view images

. That, or reinstall Womdows due to it not using the drivers iTunes installed.
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Do you have the 64-bit iTunes installed???
  4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
  5. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

I have all of the newest versions of iTunes and sh*t, I just got off the phone with apple and he said that I would ahve to install 2.0 usb hubs. So does anybody ahve a link to download new hubs? I just did some googling but I'm afraid to just start clicking sh*t. lol.
  6. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hubs are pieces of hardware, not something you can download. Anyways, did vista come on the computer you have or did you put it on?
  7. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

Yeah, I just bought the hp pavilion dv7 for a grand like 3 weeks ago and it has 64-bit vista on it. I'm soooo pissed that apple would come out with a product that doesn't work with it, doesn't make any sense to me.

So would I have to pay to get 2.0 hubs? that should be apple's expense if I'm paying another $250 to them for a new ipod, especially since this is my 5th different ipod.
  8. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sounds like the Apple guy is blowing smoke up your ass. Surely your new pc came with USB 2.0 ports. A usb hub will not make any difference concerning your drivers for the ipod/itunes/visa 64 problem.
  9. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah. Any computer newer than 4 years is going to have USB 2.0 hubs. And still, I've used my iPod on non 2.0 hubs. Really, the only thing I can think is that apple doesn't want to deal with a faulty iPod. lol
  10. JAD

JAD New Member

Do other things connect all right on your usb ports?