Just got 16gb ipod touch omg lol help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Anon1mus, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Anon1mus

Anon1mus New Member

So mother brought home something i been asking for for weeks... 16 gb ipod touch with the dock/AC cables. Great day to be alive haha. But i have a question. There is several Wifi networks around me ( when i check in settings\wifi ) But most of them are locked, therefore i cant jailbreak. So a few questions.

1. Any popular hotspots? Mcdonalds or burger king or walmart, do they have hotspots?

2. Is there a universal password i could try and see if it unlocks any of the networks?

3. How awesome is it when it's jailbroken?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Try a starbucks, i think mcdonalds cost money.

If you dont have dial up i recommend just buying a wireless router. Only like 50 bucks (minimum) and it doesn't cost any more to run it. I highly recommend convincing your parents to buy you one or offer to chip in. Trust me, its worth it
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It would be a pain to have to go to starbucks each time you wanna install something. I agree with iPlunder, you really need to get a wireless router.
  4. Anon1mus

Anon1mus New Member

We had one but it broke. Maybe ill tinker with it and try to get it to work again. If not ill hit up a starbucks, and most likely will ask for a new router since not having internet at home blows. ( i have internet, i meant wireless internet )
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

Agree with that, I don't have any idea about hotspots because I have wifi at home and school.
    I know you can hack wireless signals but i do not know how to do it, or if you can on a touch.

Jailbreaking is orgasmic.

YES, GET WIRELESS INTERNET!!!!!!
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I got wifi internet along with my dsl package for no extra charge. It's so fast.
  7. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

My parents basicly bought one buy mistake. They needed more ethernet ports and the guy convinced them to go wireless incase i wanted to go wireless with my 360. Glad they bought it.
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol what a douche.
  9. Ttall11

Ttall11 New Member

what is the universal password?
  10. Joko

Joko New Member

You can install app without wifi but you must Jailbreak your ipod touch from hotspot, plus installed some important( BSD Subsystem and open SSH). Then u can use iphonebrowser to access your ipod touch and install other apps. Though it's a bit harder for first time but once you master it, no problem at all. I installed some apps without wifi (Apache, mobifinder, iphoe apps : mail, map, stock, weather, TTR, MACalc, gpsphone, isolitaire, iphysic,Apollo, mobipreview). And of course some Summerboard theme. If you have new ipod touch, u must jailbroke it. Then you will be amazed!