Just Getting One For christmas...........

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by CheeseCakeIpod, Dec 21, 2007.

1. CheeseCakeIpod

CheeseCakeIpod New Member

Hey, sorry to bother you all,

I'm getting an ipod touch (16gb) for christmas, and im wanting to jailbreak it, but my parents are scared i am going to break it, and then £270 will have gone down the drain! But i thought you can easily un-jailbreak it by restoring to factory settings, right? Also, for me to jailbreak it using the 'jailbreakme.com' do i need to downgrade my ipod? someone said on youtube that i do, but i thought they came already on 1.1.1,

Also, does it void your warranty!

Thanks!
    -------
    Jonty
  2. Benbo

Benbo New Member

Yeah easily can unjailbreak it. Just force restore. Nothing can go wrong that a simple restore cant fix

Please Register or Log in to view images

your very lucky getting that much money spent on you, your parents must be very rich. i would have to work ages to afford that if i was a youngin.
  3. CheeseCakeIpod

CheeseCakeIpod New Member

Hey, thanks for the reply

but do any of you know if it voids your warranty??

Thanks
    -------
    Jonty

ps. Merry christmas to you all xx
  4. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you returned it to Apple while it was Jailbroken, then yes. But if you returned it and you had restored it, it was still be valid.
  5. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

I agree with Jeezo.

Normally, your iPoT should be in 1.1.2 unless your parents bought it in November
  6. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have returned my ipod touch just to see if they take it back and they did but make sure before you return it back to apple you restore the ipod.
  7. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    also first thing you should do when you get your ipod touch is go to settings and then general and then about and in here you should be able to see if you ipod touches version is at 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 if its 1.1.1 you are ok all you need to do is go to www.jailbreakme.com but if your version is 1.1.2 you will have to download ipod touch restore 1.1.1 software from the internet or you can email me and i will send you a link then once you have downloaded the file to your desktop you need to connect your ipod touch to your pc or mac and then hold down the shift key or the alt key and then click restore then a window will pop up saying allocate the restore file and then click on the desktop and click on the ipod touch 1.1.1 restore file then click ok. let it restore it and then disconnect it once complete and then go to www.jailbreakme.com and install app snapp (its on the front page) once this is done you should have installer on your desktop and then you have jailbroken you ipod touch to 1.1.1 look round on youtube on how to then jailbreak to 1.1.2

dextersweb@gmail.com
  8. darkangel_

darkangel_ New Member

sweet then come christmas day i should have a 1.1.1
  9. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    y do your parents even have to know? just restore it if anything goes wrong,
    theres nothing to lose. whats the point of having an ipod touch if your not going to jailbreak it? o ya, there isnt.
  10. golddiggerpro

golddiggerpro New Member

Can i have the link please. I'm having the same problem with my parents. This sounds very complicated though. Are you certain nothing has ever gone wrong to anybody - what about bricking and stuff like that?

Thanks

Gold Digger Pro