Just found an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilgangsta9305, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys around 2 days ago i found an iPhone laying in the street. It had no sim card in it at all. It does indeed have a passcode on it and I can't figure out how to bypass it. I plan to bypass and call back the person and give him the phone back. (I would be looking under his contacts and looking for home phone number.) I really don't want to give it to the apple store. Any help guys and pleease don't flame me. IM being honest.
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I will help you.
    Is it jailbroken?
  3. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Take out the SIM card tray and go to AT&T. They can look up a number called the IMEI and link it to a customer.
  4. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Idn if its jailbroken or anything its an iPhone 3gs 8gb. (is that the new one thats 99dollars?) When do you think it came out and i will not take it to atnt nor apple i like learning new things and i found this phone in the neigborhood so i can easily give it back.
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You could try putting the sim card in a different AT&T phone and call someone in the contacts. I think that's how it works although I've been with Verizon forever so I have no personal sim card experience.
  6. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have verizon to and i do not own a simcard so yea basically this phone is nothing to me hence why i want to give it back, but i will feel more accomplish if i do it myself.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well like I said, get someone with an AT&T phone to lend it to you and put the sim card in. I believe the sim card carries the phone's number and contacts, so anyone you call should recognize the number and be able to tell you whose it is.
  8. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mostly all the people i know have verizon. Would you guys know how to bypass this passcode manually.
  9. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The only way is to restore the phone. That would of course get rid of the contacts, but you may be able to reload them from the sim card. If you can't get anything else to work, try restoring the phone with the sim card removed.
  10. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't restore the phone because when i plugg it into itunes is says i need the passcode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.