Just Curious (No 1.1.3 problems involved)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by lambson804, Feb 1, 2008.

1. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

Let me start off saying that my DevTeam 1.1.3-2 JB works great. haven't really had too many problems and most of the programs that I usually use work. I'd like to see Apollo working but I know the complications of it and I don't mind waiting until the TRUE (not Nate True) JB is released..

I was curious if the DevTeam was originally planning on releasing this Soft-Upgrade from the beginning, or if they only released it because Nate released his own buggy version?

to me it seems like they were put into this position and were forced to release the soft upgrade before they were truely finished testing out and fixing the bugs..I could be completely wrong, too.. was just wondering lol
  2. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

bump-de-bump
  3. al3xc

al3xc New Member

to quote mr SkylarEC::

"1.1.3 Soft Upgrade timeline:

1. Nate True released his version of the jailbreak. He released it too early and full of bugs.
    2. The Dev Team responded by realeasing their WORKING jailbreak..
    3. Unfortunately, they uploaded the wrong one. They fixed it about an hour after posting their first upgrade.
    4. Within an hour or so after that, ipodtouchmaster and I each had a repository source set up to facilitate the Soft Upgrading procedure.
    5. ipodtouchmaster's was the wrong version. He fixed it as soon as he realised.
    6. Now, the Dev Team has reeased this soft upgrade app that runs on the iPhone/iPod. It is the newest and the best version so far.
    7. Later on tinight, this new App will appearin Installer.
    8. One month from today, the JailBreak will be releaed for 1.1.3, rendering ALL of what we are doing obsolete.

Hope I helped."

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32332&page=2

I think these are stop gaps and the real one will be cooler, just as soon as apple gives us the SDK and we know they wont destroy all the dev's hard work
  4. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

that's what I figured..i remember seeing that post a while ago...just thought I'd create a new thread that didn't have to deal with 1.1.3 problems but instead actually discussing what's been done and what we think of it so far..
  5. al3xc

al3xc New Member

I thought it was rushed and unreliable.. installer stopped working, in a nutshell

No complaints, lots of hard working people have done a truely excellent job, but i'm happy with 1.1.2 for another 28 days