Just curious, I bought my iPod touch in Hong Kong from an electronics shop....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchnathan, Sep 25, 2008.

1. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They said that they can get me 1000+ applications (which turned out to be tops of say 3?) of software on there (by jailbreaking, which my dad and I had no idea about, but they didnt say jailbreaking, they said limited time only) and we were like yeah ok alright sounds good, so it costed 300$ for each iPod, and we bought three, so we spent about $900 AUD on the software stuff, and $250 for each iPod, they didnt tell us that we were voiding warranty, and they didnt tell us that Apple does not approve, nor did they tell us ANYONE can do it EASILY for FREE.
    Thats enough to take someone to court, correct?
    Im just a tad pissed off that they scammed us out of $900, which $300 was mine.
    Recon we should get them sonab*tches? Stupid idiots scammed me and my dad D:
    And im sure they use this site, so f*** you you asses

Please Register or Log in to view images

'Nough said.
  2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    um honestly you got scammed big time but you should have done your research before you go spending 1000 bucks on things, so you are partially at fault.

Yeah you can take them to court but IDK how successful that would be. Go back to the store and tell them your beef and that if they don't refund the $$$ you will sue them. I don't know how Hong Kong law will treat it though.
  3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not enough to take them to court. They did everything you asked them to do.

People can 'easily' build a PC, but people build PCs for profit all the time, you think someone will take them to court because they could have done it themselves?

The warranty is another thing, you could perhaps get some compensation for that.
  4. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)

LOL THis is a True FAILLLLL~~~

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. dyeung

dyeung New Member

these sorts of things should never happen anymore. Why? Because google exists
  6. vstro24

vstro24 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    So this guy just has a computer in his back pocket with internet to look up how to get ipod apps for free. But the true question is why would anyone pay $300, The amount for the ipod itself, for apps.

----------------
    Now playing: T.I. - Ready For Whatever
    via FoxyTunes
  7. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hope your not accusing this site of having scammers?
  8. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OP, do you really expect us to believe you!!!

Someone who has been on this board from August 08 and has a decent number of posts. Do you really not know what jailbreaking is? Did you really think there was some hack that no one on this site knew about. Come on!

On the legal note, you payed for a service. Not sure of the laws there but they likely have the right to charge whatever they want to do any service. While yes they gouged you for it, it is still pefectly legal from were i stand.
  9. vidurm

vidurm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Seriously, someone who has the screen name "itouchnathan" doesn't know that apps can be got for free?

EPIC FAIL.