Just broke my iTouch out of Jail

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by JonSingh12, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Honestly I thought It was hard to jailbreak when it actually quite easy. Finding the firmware key was a sinch and from there on the proceedure is just like 1.1.3+. When I get sometime I'll package it up and upload it along with instructions. We just need an installer.app written for 2.0. I want also to know should I release it soon or wait for firmware 2.0.1 to be released and then fully release the jailbreak? Anyways fora heads up to do this jailbreak you'll require firmware 1.1.4 jailbroked aswell. And make sure the firmware is clean no installed apps. If ya got installer.app you'll be required to remove it. But I'll see if I can incorperate it intthe upgrade script. Also I believe that this might be illegal since it'll download the firmware 2.0 from apples site withoutpurchase but I'll wait I see what users and mods say before releasing it to the public. What I might do is write up a script for dual booting firmware 1.1.4 and 2.0 Which is taken from dev team.

Later,
    Jon
  2. Gonzo89

Gonzo89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    how? is this a "soft" upgrade??
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ya a soft update jus like we did to get from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 in the past and 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 it works decent it crashed every now and then though. quite buggy. I followed some steps to find the firmware key the basically write up a script to jailbreak it. Isnt that the same kind of method done by iphone dev team. Ill link when I'm on my computer.
  5. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

That is great to here!!!
  6. ChuckMez

ChuckMez New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ya you definately need to get AppTapp informed about this, and maybe the Dev Team could work out some bugs
  7. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

8. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

I'll believe when I see it, if it's true, good job
  9. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yay soft updates... i remember those horrible ipod crashing days

Please Register or Log in to view images

yea. oh and why would anyone want a soft upgrade? the soft upgrade will have to upgrade the frameworks and then all installer apps won't work... or if you don't upgrade the frameworks, well lets just say you won't have a working ipod. why not wait like a week for the dev team pwnage and then wait like 3 months for cmw to port it to windows and then wait like another week or so for installer and cydia to work and then wait like a month for 15 apps to be ported to 2.0 and then find out the your fav installer apps are only being sold in the app store? sounds like tons of fun!
  10. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I. Hate. Soft. Upgrades.