Just bought my touch 5 days ago...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Skitals, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Skitals

Skitals New Member

I'm really shocked there isn't a free upgrade path for those who bought their touch in the past 30 days, or whatever. Isn't that how it usually works? It seems the most logical thing for me to do it return my ipod touch to Best Buy in the next two weeks (hopefully by the time 1.1.3 is hacked and on store shelves) and buy a new one.

What do you think?
  2. Aether

Aether New Member

I agree. I bought mine exactly one week ago. I knew there'd be an update, but I didn't think that for additional stuff you'd have to pay extra. I guess I'm going to do it anyway though, but that's a lession I learned now that I bought my first Apple product. And possibly the last one, of course.
  3. Skitals

Skitals New Member

The more I think about it, the more I think it won't really matter in the long run. I'm sure it won't be long before you can download the 1.1.3 apps via installer, just like you can the iPhone 1.1.2 apps. If you get a touch with 1.1.3 firmware and apps, there is no saying if and when it will be jailbreakable.
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Take it back and buy again later, its more reasonable to have 1.1.3 firmware version with all the apps preloaded legally.