Just bought my new ipod touch how do i get apps onto it?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by performs, Aug 9, 2008.

1. performs

performs New Member

im new to these forums and seeing as this is my first post i probably shouldnt be asking for help but i am just so curious.. i got vnc lite from the ipod touch store and i was curious as to how i would put that on my ipod touch.

Info about my touch:
    Capacity 8gb
    Software Version: 1.1.4 (with software Upgrade)
    its a black one dunno if theres othr colors but yea. its brand new. any help is more than appreciated
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

welcome to ipodtouchfans!

you can either jailbreak 1.1.x to add apps

or upgrade to 2.x and use Appstore apps and/or jailbreak
  3. performs

performs New Member

just wondering.. is jail breaking hard? its kinda stupid that they let you get an app but you cant even use it unless you upgrade and it says the upgrade costs
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

jailbreaking isn't difficult at all

search the forums for some awesome step-by-step tutorials about how to put the coolest stuff on your iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you need any help, just ask
  5. performs

performs New Member

thanks man i will do that most likely not tonight because i've got to run but you were very helpful what awesome forums i was expecting to get flamed or something over a question that has been asked a few times im sure. but i yea i appreciate it man. if you can add my yahoo messenger. ID: Performs and hopefully we can chat some time tomorrow or the next day. take care!
  6. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey!

Welcome to the forums!

If you are looking to use the App Store (where you got VNC Lite from), 2.0 firmware would work best for you. I used to jailbreak my iPod, but honestly there isn't a whole lot of reason for it any more (at least for me) because most of the applications I'd like to have on my iPod are available through the App Store.

If you have a wireless network, you can download programs directly from the App Store to your iPod over the air. Or after you upgrade to 2.0, you can simply connect your iPod to your computer and sync it via USB.

That would be my recommendation, but if you would rather jailbreak that is your choice!

Hope you're enjoying the new iPod!
  7. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I would suggest buying the 2.0.x upgrade. It has a lot more games and 1.1.x is becoming soemthing of the past. 2.0.x will be jailbroken soon. Go with 2.0.

8. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

I bet 100 people are just anxious to get their flame suit on but anyways welcome!
  9. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha you bought something from the app store without 2.0 firmware? Hahahaha!!!
  10. apple123

apple123 New Member

If you want to jailbreak 2.0, just do a Google search on how get it for free. It is definitely not worth the $10. And when you get to a jailbroken 2.0, look up how to get AppStore games for free.