iPhone 3GS Just bought my 3GS.. a few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalduck, Jul 15, 2009.

1. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Just took back my IP2G and upgraded to an Iphone 3GS. Couple questions

1. Ive already JB and everything works fine including winterboard. However if i want to continue to JB in the future I know i have to capture certain files. I have the link to explain it to me, but can i wait until a 3.1 comes out and then just do it then or do i Have to do it now...either way im going to upgrade, but i suppose I should do it now and save myself the trouble of having to restoring later and losing everything just to grab those files.

2. On my touch I jusjt used the speck candy shell and the included screen prot. but now should i get the same setup for my iphone or just do an IS all over? I know its an age old debate, but now I dont know what case to get again..

3. Can i use cydete (sp) to delete that freeze app or something?

Thanks

Thanks
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just do it now. It'll only take you five minutes and saves the trouble of worrying about accidentally upgrading to 3.1 when it's released.

Personally, I like the feel and shape of the iPhone itself, so I bought an IS for it (I own a couple cases as well, but I've found myself not really using them). It completely depends on the amount of protection you want.

No, it'll give you an error somewhere along the lines of "This app cannot be deleted because it was not installed by Cydia". SSH to your applications folder and delete it from there.
  3. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Awesome Awal, thank you! Question though, if i go the IS route, I bought the white iphone which im not 100% of yet. Its cool, but im so used to black...however i had the white candy shell on my touch so who knows... guess its just a do I want a white phone or just a white ipod.. haha