Just Bought iskin touch case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Salil4000, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Salil4000

Salil4000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hi,

I just bought an iskin touch case of amazon uk and to my surprise it arrived the next day!

Please Register or Log in to view images

The case protects the ipod but takes a long time to stretch the case to prefection.

The case feels good but the screen protector provided once applied produces to many air bubbles and however hard you press some just don't disappear.

This case is however much better than my incase silicon sleeve that just protects the back.

2. saysay

saysay New Member

cool. could you please please post pics comparing them (one with the iskin on the ipod and one with the incase on)?
  3. eyezack87

eyezack87 New Member

Oddly enough, you probably didn't do it right. I purchased one as well and there are absolutely no air bubbles(put one side slowly at a time and rub finger side to side until the whole film is on the ipod). Unfortunately for me, there are lit pixels that I have never noticed before and now I have to exchange my Touch. I just bought another screen protector off Apple haha
  4. Salil4000

Salil4000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You are most likely right about the screen protector.As for the pictres I gave away my incase case but will try and post some pictures of the iskin.
  5. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

unless the screen film was sticking, like tape or a sticker with some kind of adhesive, then it shouldn't produce any airbubbles, its all in how you do it. mine was just a peice of plasticy film that attracted to the screen and just rub slowly upwards or downwards to force away airbubbles. just something to look out for next time you get a screen protector
  6. zoneout

zoneout New Member

Hi, new poster here

Just wanted to say that I also was unable to avoid the air bubbles appearing on my touch. Just wondering if there is anything i can do to get rid of it? Is it ok to remove the screen protector once it's already attached?
  7. zoneout

zoneout New Member

also, i removed the clip from the iskin, but on the instructions it says "4. Replace the pastic piece with the included soft silcone retainer piece to help keep dust..." My question is where is the soft silcone retainer piece? Thanks for all your help

8. Salil4000

Salil4000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The soft silicon piece should have been in the packet. Mine was!!

Although it does not make much of a difference
  9. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Yeah, it should be in the packet. It looks like an oblong piece of silicone with two raised spots on it that correspond to the holes left by the clip.
  10. starmatrix

starmatrix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, thanks for the short review. May I ask what colour did you get?

I am still pondering on whether or not the iSkin is worth the $30.. hope you can post some pictures.