Just Bought iPod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mint-Berry Crunch, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I do apologize if you see 20,000 of these threads a day but I just had to post my long winded story about my nostalgia and my new iPod touch. I also didn't see an official "I just bought it" thread so feel free to make this thread, that.

I got my first generation iPod touch 3 years ago and I thought: "Wow, even though it's only 16GB, this is sure a big upgrade from my 5th Generation iPod Video." In September of 2008, I was planning on getting the new 2nd Generation iPod touch but I passed because I was still in deep love with my 1st generation iPod touch. In September of 2009 I was disappointed because there wasn't much of an update.

I decided to wait another year. I mean, I was still in love with my 1st gen and I had a great time going from 1.1.1 to 3.0 (and inevitably back to 1.1.1, more on that later). Jailbreaking over the years has been so fun seeing Summerboard evolve into WinterBoard, Installer.app evolve into Cydia, and iApp-a-Day.

So September of this year rolls around, I saw the update and I couldnt have been more satisfied. I decided I would get it. But what to do with my old 1st gen? I poked around my computer, found a HUGE folder with "stuff" for jailbreaking I have collected over the years. Stuff like iPhuc, iLiberty, ZiPhone, WinPwn, Spirit, and a HUGE folder with 1.1.X applications. I decided to downgrade to 1.1.4 because that was a pretty decent firmware. I was able to BARELY jailbreak it with iLiberty. I had to install Dropbear SSH, BSD Subsystem, and SummerBoard manually and it worked fine untill I started having issues. I downgraded once more to 1.1.1, the "golden" firmware. And I thought: "Jailbreakme isnt around anymore, I have to to the 74 step jailbreak". I didn't but I got it jailbroken and it runs SMOOTHLY. I am in the process of dumping like 200 apps on it. I am in an very DEEP relationship with my 1st gen again! Those were the days of jailbreaking I loved the most.

On the more important part, my new iPod touch. Before I bought it, I bought a case, the Griffin Reveal. Love it. As I writing this, I am going to unbox my new iPod touch. No pics, sorry.

The first thing that needs to come off is this white sleeve around the box. My have boxes improved over the years. I took the plastic tape off the top of the box and unhinged the top. This thing must have had a perfect seal because when opened it, I got a big whiff of "new device" smell. The iPod comes out, "Designed by Apple in California", "Finger Tips, and... APPLE STICKERS! Yea! That's what I'm talking about! :/ Dock cable and earphones. Ill keep those in the box. The iPod comes out of its holder and goes in the case.

I turn her on and she demands to be plugged into iTunes. I need to update iTunes because she doesn't speak 9.2. She only speaks 10+. Update done. Wow! So monocolored! Love it...jk. Setup, registered, put some apps and some songs on my iPod. I love this thing. Included is a picture of it trying to be like its big brother.

That's all I have for now. I might take some pictures later. What was your story behind your iPod touch purchase?

EDIT: By the way, while in the Apple Store, I took the time to show off my jailbroken 1st gen. On of the questions I got was "Why are you still on 1.1.1?" My reply, "I tried 3.0, it was slow, so I downgraded. Itunes makes downgrading easy!" The Apple Tech agreed. Lol!

Attached Files:

2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I enjoyed reading your story

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    as did I, but on 1.1 there were no apps
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    @ the edit part: They are told "The customer is always right!"

Anyway, awesome!!

and would'nt you get kicked out of you came in with a JB'ed iPod and started showing it around?
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They can't kick you out for doing something that is legal.
  6. alexguy96

alexguy96 Well-Known Member

Lol you showed your jailbroken ipod touch to Apple??? lol I find that amusing
  7. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1.1.1 FTW!
    If they do that to me, I would kick them out.
  8. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Haha nice!
  9. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Lol what were they going to do? Void the warranty on a device that hasn't seen a warranty in 2 years? The guy who checked me out was pretty cool. I told him that 3.0 was slow on my device and he said that 4.0 was slow on his so he went back to 3.0.

Have you guys seen those point of sale iDevices? Those things are huge!