Just bought an iTouch 2G..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mustafa91, Nov 30, 2008.

1. mustafa91

mustafa91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But I will have it 2 weeks later in my hands, my sister will bring it.. So, what should I prepare until it comes? I downloaded the latest iTunes, and added my music, my videos, and applications. I have never used an ipod before, can i transfer them at the sametime? or can i transfer my files one by one?

And, will my applications crahs if i install it immediately all of them?

And, can i update it to 2.2 ; it brings my language, Turkish.

I mean, i have never owned an ipod, what do you suggest me to do, or not to do??
  2. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can transfer all your files at the same time, you can update your software to 2.2, yes, you can change your language to Turkish.

I recommend getting a case for your iPod uness you want scratches all over it. You might also want a wall adapter and car charger for it.

Total Cost: Around $50-$100 dollars + Tax but I don't know how you guys do your money in Turkey.
  3. mustafa91

mustafa91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, if i transfer many things at the sametime, will i have a problem? Can i choose, First, transfer music. I will look at my ipod and if its ok, then sync videos.. etc.. And if i install many applications, will i have a problem? That's the most worrying fact for me..

EDIT: And I have already bought a adapter for home (not for pc i mean) and a case already. But i can't drive yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm 17..
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I wanted to load up a TV show I purchased From iTunes and a pop-up box message said I would lose all my music, etc.

I would say, select "manual" transfer to iPod in iTunes.

I also urge new owners to charge and discharge their new Touch four or five times, at least, before the first "sync". The battery needs to be "conditioned" and this is a good beginning. Do try to avoid discharging the battery into the "red" (about 20-percent) because the number of full discharge and recharge cycles is related to the life of the battery.

While you are waiting, you might consider "converting" your music to AAC. It sounds better, in my opinion.

...and when you are ready to make the first "sync" ...be patient. It can be exasperatingly slow to get started (black screen... and, at last, the "sync" screen - do not "interrupt" this process because a considerable amount of time may be required to do the job).

If, out-of-the-box the performance is "erratic" ...for example, if the touch screen is non-responsive, do not "touch" it using more pressure or force. Be patient. Let that battery "condition" before you expect it to perform properly.

I think many new-owners are impatient.

This is why I emphasize a few cycles (partial discharge and full recharge) to "condition" the totally brand-new battery.
  5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iTouch... Isn't that a logitec keyboard?
    According to urban dictionary...

Few pointers:
    Well, Load up your iTunes with apps so you have something to do as soon as you sync. Make sure you have a nice case... Those things scratch like hell (on the back). Don't completely drain the battery!
  6. mustafa91

mustafa91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks buddies! I have a case.. And I will fully charge the battery before the sync.

And just one more question;

Let's say; I made the first sync. Then a week later, i bought some music. Can I add them in no time, or will i have to wait a lot like first time?
  7. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think it just adds things that arn't already on, Im not 100% tho... (been a while since I have synced anything)
  8. Rollie

Rollie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can just add the few songs that you purchased very quickly. No need to copy all the files that are already on the device.
  9. touchmymonkey

touchmymonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Cheers to all our friends in the great country of Turkey.
  10. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Its not a !@#$ing i touch omfggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey I'm Turkish =DDDDDDDD

I live in Minnesota though.

GO TURKISH PEOPLE FTW

Lol I'm like the only Turkish guy in my district and I am like, special. Durrrrr *drools*

xDDD
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey Mustafa. I'm Turkish too. My name is Yusuf =D

Nice to meet joo