Just bought a used jailbroken 3g Iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Taboo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Taboo

Taboo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hi
    I just bought a used jailbroken Iphone, I noticed that the guys songs and everything are still on it. Is there a way to erase this without unjailbreaking it (lol i dont know if thats a word)
    I would also like to use a backup I created for my old 2g Ipod Touch, which I sold in order to buy the Iphone.
    Thanks for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    You can remove the songs through iTunes, but I believe that if you want to use the backup, it will basically do a restore and replace the restored iPhone with the backup. So it will unjailbreak it. And I thought that the firmware the 2G iPod Touch uses is different. (I may be wrong, but w/e.)
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Go to setting and general and somewhere in there you can erase all the media
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Like sprint_user said, you can go into settings and there's and option to delete all videos, music, photos, settings, etc. I'm not sure if this would basically do a restore without a PC (however, I don't think it would because in that case it would need to reinstall the firmware which it wouldn't be able to do without being connected to a PC).

So I'd give that a shot. However, if it does un-jailbreak it, it really isn't that hard to re-jailbreak it.