iPhone 3GS Just bought a 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tylervit2418, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Tylervit2418

Tylervit2418 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My family just moved from Sprint to At&t because we wanted iPhones so we all got the 3GS priced at $200. We did that on May 29. Since we have 30 days, can we exchange our new phones for the Iphone 4 and just pay the restocking fee?

I won't be able to visit the store for a few days, so if you guys know what I should do it'd be great. thanks
  2. coldani

coldani New Member

I did literally the same exact thing. After talking to the assistant that helped me with the purchase, I mentioned the WWDC conference and the new Iphone 4. He told me that I can take back the Iphone 3g and upgrade for free if the Iphone is announced in 30 days.
  3. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you serious about this? I just bought an iPhone 3GS yesterday at Best Buy. Can i take it back to them and ask for an iphone 4? Who do i speak to?
  4. coldani

coldani New Member

@tymanzz,
    I dont think it'll work as well for you since you bought it directly from Best Buy. But, you can always try. Just bring your receipt back to best buy and you should be able to return it in 30 days. Just ask about it, i'm sure they'll be able to help.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can return your iPhone 3GS within 30 days if you're willing to pay a 10% restocking fee.
  6. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Why buy an iPhone a day before WWDC anyways? Confusing...
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before buying my 3GS last week I asked an AT&T representative. He explained that he would allow me to exchange for a new iPhone model but also "might" charge a $35 fee.

To keep the grandfather plan I suppose (capped at 5GB). As you can see, a lot of streaming apps will be released this summer for the iPhone, such as Netflix,Pandora and AT&T was clever enough to introduce their "new" plans.
  8. Tylervit2418

Tylervit2418 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you guys think the upgrade is really worth it? I don't plan on using the video chat, but I do like to have the newest thing which is why I would do this if it doesn't cost too much more. I just hate the fact that I bought a $30 case and a car charger. I'm hoping the charger will still work with 4 though
  9. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is the reason I bought it a day before.

And, i'm not really for sure if the upgrade is worth it. I'm still deciding whether I just wanna keep my 3GS or want to get the 4. Because i too just bought a case. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
  10. gsimonds

gsimonds Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I suppose it depends on how you use your device. I personally do a ton of gaming and web browsing, so the increased processor and super sharp display make it a simple decision. If you just make calls/text, and you aren't eligible for a discount, I'd say hold off.

I got my 3GS 3 months ago, but luckily my wife isn't on AT&T, so merging her into my plan will yield me a discounted iPhone 4 while she gets my leftovers.