Just bought a 16GB iPod Touch 2G !!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ParadoxFOREVER, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ParadoxFOREVER

ParadoxFOREVER New Member

Yep, bought it while the Black Friday sale was on, $21 discount and free Apple Gift packaging (or is that a norm?) It should arrive this Thursday... Can't wait!

Is there anything I should know about the iPod Touch? Nifty tricks? Pepherials I should buy?

Here's a few questions,

- Are there any decent docking speakers that a compatible with the ipod toiuch 2G floating around the $100 mark? A dock that acutally charges and plays music...unlike the older speakers that do not charge the 2G

- I'll be adding a few movies on, and I don't plan on buying them over iTunes... their pricey! So, how do you convert movies, to your touch, while still containing the high quality you see in movies bought over iTunes?

- I noticed the 2G dropped the stand that orginally came with the 1G... which blows, is their a way to build a nice looking stand, or buy one compatible with the 2G with RESONABLE pricing? $40 for a stand is stupid imo.

- What does a Jailbreak hold? I heard theirs the customizing of your touch, emulators and free apps?

- Will we ever see a Jailbreak for the 2G?

- Which apps should I start off with?

Yep, a crapload of questions lol, you don't need to answer every single one of them alone. Bleehh, 4 days for it to arrive is too long!
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    congrats!!!

I've ordered one of these (on the recommendation of peeps in here). dont know what the USA priciing is though, but cant be much off $100.

http://www.ihomeintl.com/products.asp?country_id=100021&product_id=10100&dept_id=1003

you first need to rip from the dvd. there's numerous free apps out there. i use VLC or handbrake. then you need to convert to ipod format. again, loads of options. i use xilisoft (which i pay i minor fee for), but the free videora is good too, even though most here think it's crap.

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

couldn't comment. dont use a stand personally. but a quick ebay scan will sort you out for pennies

Please Register or Log in to view images

again, i dont jailbrake these days, as the app store is good enough for me. JB is basically an option that allows you to customise the look of your Touch. but it also allows 'other' downloads too, like game emulators.

how much do you want to spend? and what are your likes and dislikes? i like racing games like cromag rally and crashbandicoot, and flight sims like X plane.
    toybot 1 and 2 are also top of my lists

3. ParadoxFOREVER

Thanks heaps, I'll definitely look into iHome.

With Videora, do you need to input settings, such as resoloution, the format etc.?
    If so, which settings give best results?

With the apps, I was thinking more of, free nifty apps, such as remote etc.
    Sorry for wording it wrongly lol.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  5. bob2200

bob2200 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also ordered an Ipod Touch last Friday (16GB). My first app download was the RPN calculator (it's a generational thing!). My first accessory purchase was the Incase Slider case (at my local Apple Store).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I ordered mine last Friday and it just arrived, from China, by Fed Expresss, to the East Coast of the USA today (Monday morning)! Much faster delivery than I expected.
  6. ParadoxFOREVER

Wow... Ditto. I bought my touch on Friday... it's yet to come!

2 More questions

- Can you just select any personal wallpaper you want and flick it onto the unlock screen?

- Once you first receive your touch, how shall I recharge it?!
    Deplete the battery then recharge, or the most common way for most electronic devices, recharge straight out of the box?
  7. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    -deplete then recharge
    -wallpaper is easily set in settings
    -build a stand out of legos. i stole someones idea and made one out of technic peices. its awesome!!!
  8. ParadoxFOREVER

9. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I recommend you buy Touchgrind, it's the best app on the app store.
  10. ParadoxFOREVER

My mouth is faced as a " O "

I was walking around my home, while i opened the front door, and a small box was siting on the doormat... I was like ... OMFG... THE IPOD TOUCH?! ... I'm really suprised, that was quite a quick delivery indeed!

I'll be opening it up soon!