Just asking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by santillan07, Jan 3, 2009.

1. santillan07

santillan07 New Member

What am i missing out on the new 2g? ; are there apps that are not applicable on the 1g? thx....
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, all applications aside from various things like VoIP work on both the 1G and 2G.
  3. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well the 2g has a built in speaker and microphone support and a better CPU, its thinner, and i has a curved back.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    the combined headphones/microphone works with the gen1 too does it? i only thought it was the 2g.

if so, can i use a regular cheapy headphone/microphone unit? will it work unjailbroken? and which free app do i need to down load?
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Yes, some microphones are compatible with the 1g, but the 1g does not have the curved back, faster processor, internal speaker, or volume switch. The 2g is a far better device, and it should be that way because it is newer. If you can get past the wait for the Jailbreak, all will be well.
  6. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well... the ipod touch 2g is a better built device... but the 1g has a jailbreak... so it is really up to you... faster more reliable; or more applications and themes....