Just a thought...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeanPocketTouch, Sep 7, 2010.

1. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Considering the fact that this records HD video it must have a mic. I'm assuming we don't need the crappy earphones with the mic anymore then for voice memos and other apps the required them, correct?
  2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Yes, if you would have searched here and looked abit more at the apple site you would have noticed that that small thing next to the rear cammera is infact the microphone.
  3. maninila

maninila Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im really confused on that...I've been told that the dot by the back camera is a light sensor and ive been told its a microphone, I've also been told the grill on the bottom is the speaker and ive been told its a microphone?

Can somebody straiten me out?

and LeanPocketTouch
    i know that it does indeed work with voice memos and other microphone apps
  4. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    The hole on the back of the device is a mic. The grill on the bottom is a speaker grill.
  5. DeSean Jackson

DeSean Jackson New Member

Dumb question incoming...

SO you mean it'll have an external speaker allowing us to talk and hear without earphones like phones???
  6. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Can it grill speakers?

Wow. I'm so glad the new iPod has a mic. (Obviously, because of video recording) But if it didn't have a mic, I couldn't imagine having to use the only mic I have that works, which is one that I must have in half way to work, and if I pull on the mic end that you speak in, it gives my computer a BSoD.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I'm sure it will.
  8. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well, there has been a speaker since the second generation, but it was internal, making it rathy muffled. This is external, meaning theres an opening on the device specifically for it, which means the sound quality will not be as muffled as it was. As for the mic, thats on the back near the camera, but apparently its sensitive in the fact it will pick up speaking from the front (hopfully it wont pick up too much noise), or else facetime would suck. So put simply, yes. Just like a speaker phone.

------------------double post merged------------------
    when you pull your microphone out it give syour computer a BSoD? Is your speaker USB cuz if thats the case you wouldnt be able to use that on the iPod touch, and if its just you plugging into the Microphone jack on your computer, then I'm not sure how thats even possible.
  9. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    It goes into the Microphone slot on my computer. lol I was just like "WTHeck

" when it happened.
  10. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    the hole on the back is the mic and the grill on the bottom is the speaker. Steve pointed out that the bottom was the speaker during the keynote if you watched it.