Just a thought

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AdobeBootlegger, Oct 27, 2009.

1. AdobeBootlegger

AdobeBootlegger New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Has anyone thought of a idea to maybe use the USB cable for something more? I was in class today bored out of my mind cause the teacher had control of all the computers for his powerpoint lecture. There was no WiFi I could get on my Ipod Touch. So I got to thinking has anyone thought of a app where you can use the USB cable to get internet off the computer to your Ipod Touch?, In a sense having your Ipod hardwire to the internet.
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    out of owning an iPod touch for 2 years straight (since Sept. 2007) I have never heard of an app and don't think there ever will be one that does that...
  3. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Like hell they're here! Google and especially Cydia are your friends here.

Edit: It probably won't be through USB, though. If you can set up your PC as a router you're all set

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can just 'stream' the internet to other PC's/devices.
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Yep, there was a project called iNetproject (or something like that) but it's since died. Search the forums for the thread, the team developing it said they will restart the project if there's enough interest.

It's not an iPod/iPhone App (it runs on PC) but it's as close as you'e gonna get I think

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Found it here