just a rant about the appstore...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by 1337chaos, Jul 13, 2008.

1. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    for one, apple needs to stop lying. steve jobs himself said that "over 70% of developers said that they would charge nothing for their applications" yet 95% of the appstore is filled with paid applications. that pisses me off. second, i just tried to do a search for "voice" under the appstore. it came up with about 6 matches for the word "voice" first one being "voicenotes" which is exactly what i was looking for, i click it, and it tells me "no matches" THEN WHY THE F**K ARE YOU GIVING ME IT AS A SEARCH RESULT?! only 2 of the 6 matches that came up dont give me a "no matches" and the 2 that DO come up are paid applications. seriously apple... if you're going to charge $10, make it WORTH $10! everything they charge for is buggier than the stuff they DONT charge for.
  2. ollie77

ollie77 New Member

Apple doesn't control whether or not developers decide to charge for apps.

Also, call me crazy if you like, but I don't believe that all the apps that will ever be available have been released yet...
  3. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

they havn't. if you noticed. one of the first apps they debued with the realease of the SDK was TouchFighter. and that hasn't come out yet...
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Omfg..
    Every hour I check back to the "Free" section of the app store.
    And a new one is added.
    For example, I just looked back and lo and behold! - "Aurora Feint - The Beginning" and "Zenbe Lists" have been added.
    Slowly but surely.. Let's be patient and not create 50 f***ing threads about the same topic because you haven't got a job to buy any apps yourself.

The iPod version of the App Store is still developing too. So yes - searches show, but there are bugs because it was only released 2 days ago?...
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    "Just a rant about you..."

Where do you get 95% from? Do you have proof to back this up?

Also, what if none of the applications in the App Store were free.
  6. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is the damn truth. I'm sick of seeing D-Grade apps for over $2.99. The only apps that should cost money are ones made by legitimate Game/Software Developers.
  7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    scroll through the "all applications" list and look for nothing but the word "free" it sure does take a while to get from one "free" to the next "free" what if nona of them were free you say? well then i wouldve never upgraded in the first place.
  8. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Nothing is stopping you from going back to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking.
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

So no innovation or anything then right? Who are you to say who can make an app?
    dont like it, dont buy it, dont b*tch
  10. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well said.