just a quick question about unlocking w/ 3.0....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by germ, Jun 15, 2009.

1. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this should be an easy answer for those that know....

if a 3g has been updated to 2.2.1 and has baseband 2.30 and cant be "downgraded" using fuzzy...

then when the 3.0 comes out, do you guys thing that the dev team has found an "unlock" for it yet?

or will i be forced to us a sim hack?
  2. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you look at another post, Musclenerd has POSSIBLY hinted at a 3g unlock for FW3.0. It mioght not be, but you should just wait until dev team says sometihng about the matter.

Also as a general rule of thumb, all software that is modifyable is hackable.
  3. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

yes, i have seen that post, however, i believe things when i see them. not that i dont believe that the dev team and/or musclenerd has found that exploit, but i want to cover all my basis.

as far as the software being hackable, i am fully aware of that, its just a matter of time.
  4. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just wait and you will know. If the dev team say here you guys take this the unlock. What do you think will happen. Apple will be here take this too dev team and then back to square one.
  5. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

huh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you think i want them to release it early, then you may need to brush up on your english a touch.

i simply wanted to know if when the JB/Unlock comes out, will it work with the newer basebands or would 3g users need to keep the 2.28 baseband.

but, i have found the answer to my question.

musclenerd has tweet'd that the new baseband with 3.0 will be able to be unlocked.
  6. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    sickamore was just simply pointing out why the devteam hasnt come out and released all the details. As the dev team always says it is a "cat and mouse game"
  7. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If I'm reading the "Tea leaves" correctly, 3.0 looks to be both unlockable and jailbreakable....
  8. iMoby

iMoby Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yep, if its unlockable then without a doubt it will be jailbreakable! You cant have one without the other! TODAY WE WILL REJOICE in gratitude of what the dev team has accomplished!