just a precaution

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PerfectEuphoria2, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. PerfectEuphoria2

    PerfectEuphoria2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey, the past few times i've cleaned my iPod Touch i've used Windex with Ammonia-D, i thought it was ammonia free but its written very small on the bottle. The iPod seems fine, hasnt been acting up... whats so bad about using ammonia products and is my iPod good?
  2. Mindfield

    Mindfield New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1,312
    Likes Received:
    7
    I'm not certain, but it may have something to do with the indium tin oxide coating (the conductive part of the capacitive touchscreen) and how ammonia (or chemicals in general) may react with it. I use an invisibleSHIELD to protect it from any of that sort of thing, so I don't need to worry about what I clean my Touch with.
  3. PerfectEuphoria2

    PerfectEuphoria2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    alright well like i was saying, theres no damage or anything wrong with it for now so i guess i'll just stop cleaning it with windex

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  4. 1god1king

    1god1king New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    389
    Likes Received:
    0

    Thats your best bet

Share This Page