Just a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nschu41, Oct 22, 2009.

1. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am new to these forums so go easy on me. I am trying to convince my parents to get me an ipod touch 32gb 3rd generation for Christmas this year. I am just wondering should i get the 32gb instead of the 8gb and is it worth the extra 100 dollars. I will probably have more questions later on or if I get the ipod touch.
    Thanks for any responses!
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

It's well worth the extra $100, if only for the space. You'll get the faster hardware and premium headphones too

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok thanks but once i get it should i try and jailbreak it i don't wanna mess anything up and what does it even do for the ipod touch.
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Jailbreaking is simply allowing access to the root files system - in other words, allowing you to have full control over your device.

With this control you can install apps that aren't bound by Apple's strict policies, allowing for better apps. There's also a huge variety of tweaks and mods that will actually allow customisation. There's more you can do with a jailbroken device than without.

Jailbreaking voids your warranty - however with a software restore Apple/Service agents can't tell if you've ever jailbroken, so it's risk free

5. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So your recommending i jailbreak it once i get it. Im not very good with that kinda stuff haha but i have been watching some videos and it looks pretty easy.

6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

There's nothing to it, plug in, click, wait, done

7. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok cool but I have also read about this tethered thing where if it runs out of power you have to reinstall blackrain and cydia is this true? Can you get free apps with cydia also?
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Most apps in Cydia are free. About maybe a dozen are paid (mostly iPhone only). If your device runs out of power, or it's turned off, it can't reboot as the exploit used to jailbreak doesn't allow that.

To boot your iPod again, simply run blackra1n while it's plugged in. When it reboots, it's back to normal, no reinstalling or resyncing required

9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i recommend using rock over cydia since you can actually back up your apps =P