Just a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by HackerAlert, Jan 8, 2008.

1. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Well I am buying my iTouch myself in a few days, I can't wait. All these applications on it are so good, GBA, It's pretty much like the PSP homebrew scene, but a little better because I prefer an iTouch over a PSP.

Anyway, I've watched many videos on jailbreaking and all that (Kudos to iPodtouchmaster, your videos are great. I notice that you don't have a [PIRACY.rs] premium, because in most of your videos you download as a free user. If your reading this and want a [PIRACY.rs] premium, for free, PM me

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Anyway, I just read that the jailbreakme.com method does not include SSH by default, you need to install it from the installer..And when you do, there is no on/off switch?

I'm using windows, what way of jailbreaking should I go, if I want SSH in by default with that neat little on/off switch.

Edit: Oh yeah one more thing, Has firmware 1.1.3 been released yet? I'm in Australia, I hope I don't pickup an iPod from a store with FW 1.1.3 but I doubt it would hit the shelves here that fast. Anyone know about this?

Thanks for reading.

On another note, yay I own jailbreakme.net and .org, I bought the domains straight away when I saw jailbreakme on digg hehe
  2. benw

benw New Member

Jailbreak through the normal, one touch, way.

Then, in Installer.app, add these two sources

homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml ~ allows you to download OpenSSh

sleepers.net/iphonerepo ~ allows you to download the Services.app, that on/off switch you've seen

Atleast, that's the way I would recommend. Hope this helps!
    BEN
  3. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Thank you.

Are there any other sources I should add? to get all the main apps like emulators etc. Or is sleepers.net the main one
  4. benw

benw New Member

Here is a comprehensive list of sources, and the applications that each provides.

Hope that helps!
    BEN

~edit~
    100 posts...
  5. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Congratulations on your 100 post's

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ATX

ATX New Member

cool thanks it helped me also
  7. pap3rmate

pap3rmate New Member

In all honesty, the SSH on the iPod Touch is pretty much useless, it's way too slow both to type in what you're trying to do and in terms of the wireless connection. In terms of SSH'ing into the Touch, it's really just a vulnerability, you'd risk more rummaging around inside the iPod under root. Not to mention that Jailbreak can cause programs to crash more frequently, given all the systems running in the background. I Jailbroke my iPod Touch the day I got it and then got bored with it and all the crashing about a week later. I recommend waiting for the SDK release in February and sticking with official updates. This way you don't have to worry so much like everyone else here about every update hoping someone comes out with a method allowing you to keep all your stuff on your iPod after the update.
  8. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    and what if apple decides to control what programs you can and cannot put on your ipod?

the release of the sdk doesn't necesarily mean that apple will be opening up the ipod to just any method of loading software. it will most likely be through itunes that you would upload programs. however, what i am worried about is that only "apple-approved" programs will be allowed.
  9. pap3rmate

pap3rmate New Member

If they only wanted to allow "apple-approved" programs, they wouldn't release the SDK... The SDK allows any interested 3rd party to develop software for the iPod Touch. The software provided in the SDK will also most likely include something that allows you to transfer custom application to the iPhone and Touch without the need for iTunes.

The only limitations of the SDK will probably be security based, and rightly so. There is a major malicious code concern with the iPod Touch, and a Jailbreak disregards this concern.
  10. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    we can only wait and see!