iOS 3.1 Just a few Q's

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BlueLink77, Apr 5, 2010.

1. BlueLink77

BlueLink77 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone! I've been entriegued with the jailbreak community for quite some time, and have always kept my eye on it. One of the reasons for purchasing my iPod Touch was for ZodTTD's excellent emulators as well as the openness with themes, SSHing, as well as taking advantage of writing apps (I would love something like a WiFi toggle, turns WiFi off/on then exits).

Anyway, before actually taking the plunge I looked into ways of restoring the iPod back to the original firmware. A simple iTunes restore will put it back to the default (am I right in saying this?), but it will only do so in the event that you want the latest firmware.

I looked into Umbrella and restoring using TinyTSS as well as a stored SHSH, but I ran into a problem. My iPod Touch shipped with 3.1.2, and I have never restored it nor erased it since it came from the box. I was able to recover a 3.1.3 SHSH for my device, shall the day come if I need it, but not a 3.1.2. Is there any way to get a SHSH for my device's 3.1.2 firmware in any way? Is the file stored on the iPod in a way I can retrieve it after jailbreaking?

Thanks and I hope this first post was not too excessive >.>
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is already a WiFi Toggle on Cydia. as for your firmware, I'm sure there must be a way to back it up, but I'm not sure. Anyone else know?
  3. BlueLink77

BlueLink77 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's good to know that someone else out there is thinking the same thing >.<

But yeah the main reason for this is I don't want to be stuck without a possible jailbreak. I want to be able to fully restore my iPod back to a jailbreakable firmware. So I found methods of doing this, but it seems I'm a few months too late...
  4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I guess you do have a point.... In case you have to restore you don't want to restore to 3.1.3 because its not a full jailbreak.... Hmm i'm not sure though