Just a few problems.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by trf187, Jul 27, 2009.

1. trf187

trf187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, a bit of a story. My iPod touch had suddenly crashed on me one day, and then I couldn't get it to boot back up (I have windows xp 64 bit) So now I have downloaded a 32 bit Windows xp, and I am kind of stuck.. My computer won't recognize my iPod Touch, so now I can't restore it. Along with being unable to boot it up. Anyone have any idea on how to make the computer recognize that my USB device is in fact a iPod touch? (Or apple player, whatever it is called.) I don't care too much about it being jailbroken, I just want to be able to access it again and play my music. T_T

Edit : : I forgot to mention it was jailbroken.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    DFU mode

Then restore
  3. trf187

trf187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am glad you just go to random post and write
    "DFU mode
    Restore"
    Thanks, that doesn't help, next time try reading my post. I stated I can't restore it because my computer won't recognize my iPod, I didn't know that was hard to understand.
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try different USB ports, cables and try going into DFU mode again (check the tut in my sig). Also, if that doesn't work, reinstall itunes or try on somebody elses computer (pc or mac)