just a few custominzation questions..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BeAlLsTaR13, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BeAlLsTaR13

BeAlLsTaR13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi, new here.. i have a 2nd gen 16gb ipod touch with 3.1.2 firmware.. which i just jailbroke with blackra1n, i have cydia and rock on it... but my questions are..

on certain themes i download from cydia they wont show up, for instance i downloaded this yankees lockscreen one, i open up winterboard mark it and what not yet the lockscreen doesnt update it and on others the "slide to unlock" disappears so you cant see it, anybody know why? they arent disabled in winterboard or anything, as well as i downloaded some keyboard colors and such, activated them.. but they dont work.. i tried 4-5 different ones and none worked

im also curious on how to change on the top where it says "iPod" next to the wi-fi bars, i'd like to change the name of that but how do i?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well custom keyboards aren't compatible with firmwares 3.0+. To change the 'iPod' sign, download MakeItMine from Cydia, and you can change it. About the lockscreen, it might not be compatible, I'm not sure though.
  3. BeAlLsTaR13

BeAlLsTaR13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright thanks, i wanted to make sure it was a compatibility problem and not that i was doing something wrong
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No problem
  5. BeAlLsTaR13

BeAlLsTaR13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    also how do i put stuff i dl from this site on my ipod? such as themes and stuff
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You would have to SSH it into /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx. To SSH, download afc2add (SSH through USB), or OpenSSH (SSH wirelessly), both from Cydia. Then download iFunBox/iPhone Folders (for USB) or WinSCP (for wireless). I recommend SSH-ing through the USB.
  7. BeAlLsTaR13

BeAlLsTaR13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i downloaded afc2add on cydia and ifunbox.. now what do i have to do?
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Okay well, you kind of mixed it up. Anyways, since you downloaded iFunBox, go download afc2add from Cydia, then plug in your iPod. Run iFunBox and it should detect your iPod and show you some folders. You may have to navigate to the root directory. When you are in the root directory, go into Var, then go into Stash then Themes.xxxxxx (the x's are random letters and numbers). When you are in that folder, just drag the theme folder into Themes.xxxxxx.
  9. BeAlLsTaR13

BeAlLsTaR13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

yeah i ended up dling both... lol, where can i find root directory?

edit: nvm got there
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Okay, well since you got to the root directory, everything else should be fairly simple, be careful not to delete anything important

Please Register or Log in to view images