Just A Couple Questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rawfuls, Apr 10, 2010.

1. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First off, I'm real new to jailbreaking, did some theme-ing on my iPod Video, majorly, but about a year later quit that stuff.

So I just have a couple questions, first off, what I have:

iPod Touch 3G 32GB MC Model - 3.1.3 Firmware (Came with it)
    No SHSH sigs backed up previously.

So, now my questions.

1. I believe I know the answer to this, which is a no, but, my current iPod is unable to be jailbroken as of this time. Right?
    Yes, I can wait for greenp0ison, I just want to know, tethered or not.

2. Just finished backing up my 3.1.3 SHSH sigs locally to my giant hard drive of storage (of course, with no spaces in the name), with the AutoSHSH by ih8sn0w. If I understand this correctly, incase of a "accidental" upgrade to let's say, 4.0, I am free to go back to this SHSH sig, even if Apple is no longer signing 3.1.3, correct?

3. I may have missed a thread on how to restore a SHSH sig, and if I have, sorry! But I just can't find it, I want to keep this as a notepad in my SHSH backup folder, just incase.

4. Since GeoHot and greenp0ison have supposedly found an exploit in this 3.1.3 firmware, in the case that Apple does patch this exploit up in the 3.2 or 4.0 software, if greenp0ison is still realeased, we will still be able to untethered jailbreak (as long as you have your 3.1.3 SHSH sig backed up), as we can simply restore back to this SHSH sig, and use greenp0ison, right?

5. I realize the 4.0 beta is out, and if one were to "get their hands" on the firmware, somehow... Would being able to use that firmware, wait for the greenp0ison to be released, then restore back to the 3.1.3 SHSH sigs, then jailbreak via greenp0ison, will this be possible?

Sorry if these are quite the basic questions (we all have to start somewhere right?), just want to get these answered, while waiting for the 4.0 software and iPhone 4.0 to be released to get at the greenp0ison!

For those who think I want the jailbreak NOW, I don't, well, I kinda do, but don't want to be jeopardizing the newer firmwares. In other words, yes, I can wait.

Once again, thanks in advance for any replies, looking forward to being a part of this community!

-rawfuls
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. greenpois0n is a rumor(or is it?) We won;t know if it will be tethered or untether till it comes out will we.

2. Yes

3. Yea you did miss the guide

4. Yes and no

5. We can already get our hands on it, however we need a dev to sign our UDID for the firmware to work, yes you can downgrade after that if you have SHSH backed up.
  3. Johannes Deegen

Johannes Deegen Community Development

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  4. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. I thought greenp0ison is by ChronicDev, whom is a trusted "jailbreak-er"?

2. -

3. Isn't that the link to save it, not restore to it?

4. Yes and no? Can you elaborate? Thanks..

5. Okay.. sounds like a bit too much for now.
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4. if there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 and not for 4.0 you can downgrade and stay jailbroken on 3.1.3
  6. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I see, I was just watching the 4.0 Keynote and thought the 4.0 looked like it would be fun to mess around on for a few days.
  7. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  8. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

This is a copy and paste from a post. I don't want to retype. It will not answer your questions directly, but will educate you for the answers.

So far, all of the aforementioned (aka the ones mentioned above) jbs are untethered.

If you want to read the source of the above, and educate yourself on the topic read this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284655

I hope this helps.

Also to support the post I linked to (which I started), and this post here, just search the different dev teams, and jb makers on twitter.

Need more info, PM me.
  9. Tic-Tac

Tic-Tac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys im kinda new to this but i have a question

Is backing up the SHSH really important?
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you want to downgrade and jailbreak, then yeah.