jumpdrive app

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by irchief, Apr 14, 2008.

1. irchief

irchief New Member

How about an app that once you go into the computer recognized it as a flashdrive/jumprive, and you could store files and such on it?

i think it would be very useful for school and such, your thoughts?
  2. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

My Thought? Everyone wants to use their iTouch as a disk drive when they can, however apple has restricted such access with the iTouch and iPhone for some reason. You are not able to do it the normal way via iTunes nor can you use it on the Xbox 360. I am not aware of the exact reason why it doesn't work.

All I'm trying to say is - everyone wants this, whether or not a simple app can bring this to the iTouch I do not know - apple may have to release a new firmware update that enables disk use.
  3. iRaw

iRaw New Member

i think theres 1 way havent tried it im just thinking outloud here. theres this program called total commander or something(theres a tutorial around the forums about it somewhere). you can import all your music from your itouch to your itunes this way. so if you place files in a folder such as the one you use for the terminal stoaring (when you create new files). then you can transfer items. im not too sure if this works ive only tried exporting things out of the itouch but not importing. so i'll try it when i get home and poste results
    (bad part is that the pc will need to have total commander installed at all times and i dont really like caring my itouch cable with me at all times =( either so yeah)
  4. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

Total Commander you have to installer and install an additional plugin, so it's not ideal for school. Also there's a program called iPhone PC Suite which doesn't require you to install anything onto your computer and it allows you to browse your iPhone/iPod, however even that you need on the computer in order to gain access. What this guy wants is genuine disk access, something that no app has provided yet
  5. hackhot30

hackhot30 New Member

Total commander works but as you said you need it installed on the pc which would not be practical for use on another computer.
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it even is possible to instal Total Commander on a school computer.

You would need to make sure no one finds out about it.

Try to get the master password

My schools master password was

USER NAME:Teacher

PASS:Empathy
  7. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

An app like this would be awesome..

our school was

USER NAME:administrator

PASS:

lol i found it out too

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol
  8. irchief

irchief New Member

hmm it doesnt work with 360? i can acess all my files on my ps3 funnily enough(even look through my apps XD)

i wish thi could happen but if it woould only work with total comander, its a shame

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. optimo

optimo New Member

plug-n-play flash drives are usually a fat32 filesystem. iTouch uses HFS I believe. That's why you see nothing when you plug it in.
  10. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, the iPod Touch and iPhone are HFS formatted. They show up as drives on Macs with AFP installed.