July 26 2009..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pow3rbull, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Pow3rbull

Pow3rbull New Member

Hi there.

The iPod Touch 3G. That's right, I'm now already talking about the 3G. Why? Because of this:

26th of July, 2009 will be my 15th birthday. I need to know what you guys would do. On that very date I will have the money to buy an iPod Touch 2G 16GB for 279 euros. Of course, as most of you know, September is the iPod month. New iPods get released in September. Now I would think: Go for the 2G, else you need to wait long, and if you wait for something new to come out youll never make an purchase.

BUT...
    2008 I got my Nano 3G. Only a moment later I read the Nano 4G came out. That didn't immediatly mean I think that sucked. Actually, at the beginning I still liked the 3G nano more. After a while I started liking the 4G more then the 3G. The same is with their macbooks. I loved the white one and when the aluminum came out i said to myself: Damn they have just f***ed up the macbook line. But eventually I loved the aluminums WAY more then the white plastic ones.

However, lets get back at this.

At 26th of July.. 2009.. Should I buy an 2G or wait for the 3G to come out 3 months later? I know.. nobody knows whats coming but knowing apple, would they u[date it hardware-wise or probably software-wise, like from 1G to 2G touch (and pay 10-20 bucks for the software update to 3.x for 2g owners)? Or will it be like from Nano to Touch (hardware-wise)?

I really want to know, as I don't want to make the same mistake as I did with buying my 3G nano..

By the way, sorry for the misleading title if you find it misleading.
  2. Fazz

Fazz New Member

• Flaming and/or trolling
    WOWowowowow
    thsis is your own problem ur so dumb!!
  3. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    YAY!! its 3 days after my birthday....

That aside, think of it this way.

A: are we 100% sure September is going to yield a release ?
    B: Is it a major update ? Screen size, bluetooth, slimmer, more colours, SD card slot... etc etc
    C: Better value for money ?
    D: No need for jailbreak and/or happy to wait ?

If you anwser Yes to all of these, then wait till september.

At the moment the fact is
    A: cant say for sure...
    B: no one knows what it will turn up if it does indeed happen
    C: It will always be more expensive, but for added features ? who knows
    D: May be a year before it gets jailbroken.

I think that if you get a 2nd Gen ipod touch, you will be happy with it. It offers so much at the moment, and i cant see a newer version being any better. And now the jailbreak is available on the 2nd gen, its unbeatable value. If you want the latest and greatest, then hang out for september, but your $279 may just not be enough. I say buy a 2nd gen now and get on with enjoying it, as i dont think a 3rd gen is going to offer that much more on what the 2nd gen already offers as a great package.
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No he's not he's asking for an opinion. You don't have to be mean to him for asking that.

And for you question, I think that it's up to you. If you want to have a jailbroken iPod, I'd go with the 2nd generation. If you don't care though, and you want different features then the 2nd genration I'd go with the 3rd generation.
  5. River

River New Member

Wow, you've got my birthday too! What a small world.

Oh yea, and that douchebag Chris Pirillo too.

------------------double post merged------------------
    You fail, for being a diplomatic person. I fail because I gave a crap and replied to you.
  6. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm 57 posts and an infraction already. Let's follow your example
  7. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You might as well buy the 2G.
  8. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a rumour about psp quality games so doesnt that force apple to make an ipod touch 3g on which they could run good and smooth? You cant be sure that those games will work on the 2g right?
  9. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    An alienating all current iPhone and iPod touch users? Not a smart marketing move. You can safely bet that any future game will work on all models.
  10. Pow3rbull

Pow3rbull New Member

I wasn't asking for your opinion on how smart I am or if you think my IQ is as good as an elephants ass.

I was asking for what you guys would recommend on doing, as I can only spend my money ONCE, and because IMO €279 isn't cheap.

You, sir, are an EPIC FAIL.

Thank you for actually answering to my questions, or at least recommending me what to do. Atleast someone has a brain inside that thing attached to your body called an head.

Thank you for defending me on that lame ass biatch. I would like even more functions (imo more = usually better) and I DO want to jailbreak it. But I also want the new functions. I just hope then that they'll add it all in an software-upgrade. I don't hope that they come up with an super-high-resolution screen and psp-like games. That'd suck ass.

That is very nice to hear.

Also I'd like an microphone on the iPod Touch (or at least the earbuds with microphone coming with it), and maybe that'll happen but I don't see an camera coming to it, no matter how much I'd like to have it, as in my opinion the camera of my current phone (HTC Touch Diamond, 3,2MP but the mp's dont say anything cuz the iphone takes nicer and steady-er shots imo).

I probably decided (so actually I didn't yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

) I won't get an iPhone as the few extra functions aren't worth 335 euros more for me, as I already own an great phone.

I'd like more posts?

Please Register or Log in to view images