JohnTool

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Masky64, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Once I tap the JohnTool icon, do I uninstall it?
  2. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

No it just shuts down the summerboard power saving feature to keep your wifi going. I have it, but I dont see much of a difference when I dont have it. Useless? Who knows, I never loose my WiFi
  3. hugo

hugo New Member

guys how is it suppose to work? when i tap on it it just comes up and the crashes, is this the norm? i am 1.1.2 so is the firmware the problem?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That is exactly what it is supposed to do. It closes once opened. What it does is disables power management to preserve wifi.

Once activated, it will remain running until you reboot. Not respring, not awake from sleep, reboot.
  5. jabroni_jo

jabroni_jo New Member

apollo and johntool

well my main reason for installing johntool was to keep apollo on while my ipod's on sleep so i can still receive messages.. so the problem is.. IT DOESNT WORK... i've reinstalled apollo.. johntool etc. but i still keep gettin logged out of apollo.. is that a problem with johntool or apollo? i can't tell if the wifi's really still on or not either.. my apollo sometimes just crashes after i come back from sleep mode or i just get logged off and ahve to log-in again and after installin johntool. i think that app messes with my screen brightness or something my screen sometimes goes dimmer at times and i have to put it on sleep and then unlock to make it go back to it's original brightness
    there doens't seem to be much info on the web about johntool either or on this forum.....
    has anyone ever sucessfully stayed logged onto apollo with johntool? does anyone know if it's my johntool that's not working or my apollo? any help on this issue would be great! thanks!